Some numbers

heh.... is it just me or is this thread blank?

Okay, this is what I had posted...

Friday marks the season opener for Yamato.

WOOHOO!! ^OO^

As you may recall, Yamato has been awarded the silver medal in division 3 the past 2 years and the bronze the year before. Not to brag.... really. But I would like to share a couple numbers to demonstrate how consecutive Yamato has been in it's 9-year history, and what to maybe expect this Friday in Belding.

First, some numbers from last year.

64.6 was the lowest opening score for Yamato in its history, and the only time Yamato opened with a score lower than 70. It was also the earliest start, as the the first show happened on July 21. However, 85.975 was the largest finish Yamato has earned since 1998.

Every year prior, Yamato has had an opening score of around a 75 when their first show was in July. The highest opening score in July was a 77.2 in 2003. The highest opening score ever was in 1998 at an 82.8. This was an August 3rd opening.

Speaking of August. Yamato has always scored above 80 at their first August show since 1998.

Yamato's highest finishing score was an 89.9 in 1998. The lowest score was a 81.75 in 2001. The last two years, Yamato has finished above an 85.

year.......opening date.......opening score.......closing date.......closing score

1997.......Aug 1.....................73.9.....................Aug 12.....................83.6

1998.......Aug 3.....................82.8.....................Aug 11.....................89.9

1999.......Aug 1.....................77.8.....................Aug 11.....................83.8

2000.......Jul 29.....................75.15...................Aug 9.......................82.7

2001.......Jul 27.....................74.9.....................Aug 7.......................81.75

2002.......Jul 26.....................73.15...................Aug 7.......................83.85

2003.......Jul 25.....................77.2.....................Aug 9.......................85.55

2004.......Jul 21.....................64.6.....................Aug 7.......................85.975

Other little facts:

2000 was the first year Yamato began issuing a 50/50 split campaign between Japanese and American members.

2003 was the lowest number of Japanese members to participate in Yamato.

2005 will be Yamato's largest hornline.

The only division 3 corps Yamato has not earned a higher score than at World Championships in the past (not including new corps this year) currently on tour is Taipei Yuehfu.

So this Friday, a July 29th opening date. I don't expect them to outscore the Raiders. But based off what I have been told from members about this year's show and scores currently on the table, Yamato should be in a strong second with a socre around 75. If they don't, then I wouldn't know what to expect out of the corps.

Providing my expectation is met, in July 30th's focus show, I'm expecting Yamato to finish 3rd with Taipei and Raiders in the number 1 and 2 spots.

But coming championships, Yamato should be following its history and be a stong competitor for one of the top 3 spots, with a good battle of the Pacific between Yuehfu and Yamato.

Thanks for playing :)

Yamato received its lowest ending score in America, during a Republican administration, and its highest ending score, during a Democratic administration. Since we have a Republican in the White House, I wonder if this will play a factor in their score. I also would note the odd and even years, seem to show a pattern.

I will be rooting for Yamato at the Pittsburgh show

Edited by argonaut

Yamato received its lowest ending score in America, during a Republican administration, and its highest ending score, during a Democratic administration. Since we have a Republican in the White House, I wonder if this will play a factor in their score. .

Something about beating around the Bush, you know... B)

Howdy!

And Yamato scores 76.000... ^OO^

.350 behind Raiders...

Whadda ya think, Eddie? ? ?

'Til later... B)

Yamato is for sure on to something here. We'll see how they hold up tomorrow in the focus show.

Howdy!

Just for the record...

Yamato was my pre-season pick...

To win Division III... :worthy:

'Til later... B)

Saw Yamato last night in Pittsburgh, and they were great! Very entertaining show and pretty clean for only a couple shows under their belt. Their drum line was very popular before the show, warming up for the arriving fans. They had about 50 people camped out around them listing to them warm up.

take any pictures?