COLTS Discussion

I've been following this corp all summer. Seen them maybe 6 times in competition. I have NOT been on the road with them. So I was wondering if there were any fans out there who have ben travelling with them, or who have been talking to them to see what's going down? The show was so great, but the scores, well...not so great. What's going on withthem? Do you think they will make finals? And what about those postcards?

Also, what do you know about their staff?

Thanks, just curious and want to talk about the COLTS :)

Well as a 2005 member I can say this. (left tour due to illness)

I Hope they make finals, but all the early season hype could prove to make it difficult to live up to.

Also, the postcards are proving to be a logistical NIGHTMARE! It won't fit through here, it's not supportive enough there, etc.

I might say that the colts are in new territory for almost every single member except 1 who marching in 2001. Also to the fact that almost half the corps contains first year members

The staff is really top notch. One, they know what they're talking about. Two, they are on the same page, almost able to finish eachother's sentences. Three, they truly CARE ABOUT and LOVE every single member.

Well that's about it. I want great things for the Colts, for my new Family. For that's the greatest part of the colts. FAMILY

Edited by BD Mello Major 05

If any corps has been a darkhorse in the past and proven that they can come from behind and surprise a few corps its the Colts. I spent a day with them at rehearsal and was completely blown away.....Of all the Division 1 corps that are having successful seasons, they Colts are the one that I truly hope is on the field Saturday night of Champsionships.

I might say that the colts are in new territory for almost every single member except 1 who marching in 2001. Also to the fact that almost half the corps contains first year members

Well technically I think there are 3 members remaining that marched in 01. One in the hornline, two in the guard.

Adam, hope you're feeling better!

As to the original post - well I know a lot about the staff, but I'm not going to post it...hehe ^0^

Well technically I think there are 3 members remaining that marched in 01.  One in the hornline, two in the guard. 

Adam, hope you're feeling better!

As to the original post - well I know a lot about the staff, but I'm not going to post it...hehe  ^0^

:worthy: thank you guys for the information. I am hearing "young corp", visual problems (with postcards); but great staff. That's always good to hear. Thank you

I am a big fan of the show this year.  Balls out. Can't wait to see it again in Indy.

LeAnn, how are you gettin online so much on tour?

Go Red Team

"Ninja" Adam

Because I took a week off end of June so I could find a new apartment, and then a week off end of July so I could move, although it turns out I can't move until I get back from tour - thankfully I worked it out with my landlord so I could wait until then cause I'm supposed to be out of my apartment on semifinals day...whoops! So really I've just spent the last few days practicing my butt off to make up for the too many days on tour where I spent too much time working on the props to practice.

See ya in Indy

I don't think they are going to make it in.

they need to get rid of that drum staff first, they've had on and off years with the brass and vis but they've had lots of off years with the drumline.

the last year they had something promissing there was the year Cassela wrote, but even then????

Whenever I watch the Colts I get the impression that these kids are all out there for the right reasons -- they want to have fun and enjoy themselves as well as perform. And from what I know of this organization, the staff sees to it that the enjoyment factor (for both members and fans) is taken into consideration.

This year's show is one of my favorites. It's straightforward, wholesome, down-to-earth entertainment that never seems pretentious or contrived. It is about as "basic drum corps" as a program can be. I believe I referred to it as Drum Corps 101 in a previous post. That, as someone alluded to above, might be what is keeping the corps from placing higher. Though the program is extremely enjoyable and fan-friendly, it is not exactly cutting edge, sophisticated or particularly "modern" (for lack of a better word). The program is solid, as is the corps, but there's nothing that sets it apart from the pack.

This year is my 2nd favorite Colts show ever(99 is my favorite). Being from Iowa I am always rooting for the Colts to do well. At the beginning of the season I really felt that Colts might pull off making finals this year. However, after seeing most of the other corps, I just don't know if they can quite pull it off. After San Antonio, it would mean knocking off 2 other corps to do it.

And after watching the Colts in finals week many years now, it seems that the Colts just don't seem to have the drive that other corps do during finals week. I can't quite put my finger on it, but whereas some corps push harder those last 3 days, Colts almost seem let down. Many years I have felt their Quarterfinals performance has been their best of the year.

And with such a young group this year, along with the hassles of their props being a logistical nightmare, and losing several vets to a couple of top five corps, I think that we're looking at 14th this year.

I absolutely love their show this year, and would love to see them back in finals. If they can retain membership, I think they could easily see finals by next year.

GO COLTS!!!!!