Man..this post is ironic and funny on several levels.. :sshh:

I know about the irony you talk about. My close-mindedness is different than the drill writers. A system was developed that could explain the true difficulty of drill and compare it, quite accurately, to GE scores. Problem is that the drill writer could care less about it and played in thier own little world.

I love it when BD ends up in the block formation in the corner of the field. WOW

I love it when BD ends up in the block formation in the corner of the field.  WOW

To me that moment second worst moment of the show (other than the end) what they do over looks cool but made no sense to me whatsoever. It left me going...:worthy:???

I know about the irony you talk about.  My close-mindedness is different than the drill writers.  A system was developed that could explain the true difficulty of drill and compare it, quite accurately, to GE scores.  Problem is that the drill writer could care less about it and played in thier own little world.

I think the idea of PA is good, but that its still a long ways from being accurate. I remember seeing lists of some of the "harder" drills and "easier" drills according to Stuart's PA and they both left me saying "huh? :worthy: There is NO way that drill should be on the easy/hard list!"

I haven't been particularly impressed by any one drill this summer. There are some isolated moves that are memorable but, on the whole, this seems to be the year of music and the "total package" moreso than one memorable for drill.

Some specific observations:

1. The Cavaliers certainly have clean down to an art form. I also appreciate the fact that their drill forms are usually very logical and easy to read. Having said that, however, this year's program seems devoid of the really big moves that leave us aghast.

2. I've never truly appreciated the Cadet's approach to drill, being that I'm not a fan of asymmetrical shapes and scatter moves. I realize that the demands are incredibly difficult and mastering the complex, constantly evolving sets is extremely difficult, but I've never found the forms pleasing to the eye.

3. If anything stands out in the drill department this summer, for me it would be SCV's uncharacteristicly straightforward approach. For the past several years I've felt Vanguard had one of the most difficult, innovative drills on the field and, as mentioned, their inability to perfect it was hurtful in the scoring department. This year they seem to have gone in the opposite direction with a drill that is rather non-descript and semmingly far less challenging than in the past. ###### if you do, ###### if you don't, I suppose.

In addition to SCV, Cadets (technically only half white :P) and Phantom Regiment, there's Madison, Blooo, and Crown in white pants among the current top 12.

few comments:

-In my opinion the Cadets have the hardest drill to clean

-The Cavaliers are on top of their game. Drill is great but not as good in the past.

-Phantom Regiment- YES, they have a drill this year. I am pleasantly surprised with them, although they have made staff changes that have made the diference. Please keep this staff in place and indeed we will see that they will build on this.

-Bluecoats- drill is good as they cover most of the field.

-Southwind- good drill for a corps that will probably make the top #12. Go Southwind!!

Peace!!