Is it deserved or preferencial treatment?

I like it. I think some people are so bent on everything being fair, the same, no prefential treatment, and many are full of conspiracy theories. I think that anytime life's unfair circumstances come to the attention of the people that its a good thing. Hey, the Cavaliers won there last year. Maybe it's just a perk for winning. It is a competition. To the winner go the spoils. I love it. If another corps wants the field, then win...or otherwise deal with reality.

Here's hoping that we enact a draft next for so all the corps can be filled with equal talent, and that all the instructors will be mixed up, and that all the fields will be regulated by DCI as to grass length and feel, and that DCI will build all the corps equally nice facilities for pratice, and that all the judges will be given brain implants so they think alike, and so their opinions will only reflect that of the most vocal person in the audience who just wants to be entertained, and that each show will be constructed to the exact same level.

NOT!!!

Jonathan

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping that we enact a draft next for so all the corps can be filled with equal talent, and that all the instructors will be mixed up, and that all the fields will be regulated by DCI as to grass length and feel, and that DCI will build all the corps equally nice facilities for pratice, and that all the judges will be given brain implants so they think alike, and so their opinions will only reflect that of the most vocal person in the audience who just wants to be entertained, and that each show will be constructed to the exact same level. 

NOT!!!

Jonathan

Sure would make for an interesting 2006, though. ^0^

My take on this stadium "unfairness" thing:

:worthy: b**bs B) :worthy::worthy: :P :lol: : worthy:

:tic::worthy: :lolhit: :worthy:

Translation-->> It doesn't really matter....

Time to move on....

:)

Edited by victorcoly

If you had gone to the touring schedule for the Cavaliers you would have read the following:

"High School and Fan Appreciation Night! All corps fans and high school students (middle school as well) interested in seeing how the mechanics of the show work are welcome to attend the evening rehearsal."

Many of the corps will do a clinic or a rehearsal that is intended to bring the high school musician or guard member into the activity. I have noticed that the Cavaliers and the Cadets do this fairly often. If you have ever hung around one of these corps during these periods you will understand that there often is a BIG difference between the intensity of the rehearsal at one of these events versus the local high school practice field. Less is accomplished.

If anything, the corps loses practice time in exchange for promoting the activity. If they gain some experience in the facility where they will play the next day (or often that evening) that is small compensation.

Not all motives are sinister. :worthy:

Since The Cavaliers are paying a lot of money to RENT the facilities (including housing the entire corps in dorms at MTSU for three days), it is entirely fair. This wasn't a special "perk" the corps got from winning last year or whatever. This is just good planning on the part of the corps management and their willingness to drop a little money to get a world class facility for a world class drum corps. I'm sure MTSU had NO problem making money this week by renting the facilities out...

M

NOT!!!

Jonathan

HA! This is Drum Corps...not sorority rush!

This went on 25 years ago, and long before that.

I thought it was considered a penalty? Although I don't agree with that.

We did it, and other corps did it as far as I know. We happened to be staying at the school where the show was, were we supposed to take a bus ride and not use the facilities? I don't know the answer.

Did we win that show, yes, and the 1 point penalty wouldn't have made a difference.