The Cadets APD Link

Maybe it doesn't matter what Garfield wants to be called.  Maybe its up to the governing body that provides them the framework within which to compete and be seen that calls the shots on this one:)  he he

:worthy: HUH?

What's in a name?

I went to a family reunion this summer that I had not been to since I was a pre-schooler. When I talked to a Great-uncle, the first thing he said was that he remembered riding to Teterboro with my Grandfather (who passed away a few years ago) to pick me up after I had finished the season marching with GARFIELD.

Later my parents pointed out a guy that I was related to only by marriage, and told me he was a drum corps fan, I should go talk to him. When I told him I marched the Cadets back in the day it didn't seem to phase him at all. Later I said the Garfield Cadets and his eyes lit up and the connection was made.

I call them the Cadets (Still can't capatilize THE), my parents' and grandparents' generation still call them Garfield. Do you suppose there are still folks around who say "Oh, you mean Holy Name"?

Edited by RobRoy

I should clarify... I started this thread because I was surprised to see the Garfield name attached to the APD for 2005.

I think it's great personally! Go Garfield! :worthy: