DCI'S STAND ON DIVISION II / III

I borrowed the idea for this post from another topic...use of SYNTH in Corps shows. and how DCI "over-looked" or ONLY "penalized" these particular Corps including my beloved BOSTON CRUSADERS. Due to the uncompetitive nature i.e.

non-threat to the top 12 elite. HOW INSULTING!

DCI: If I as a LONG TIME...AND I GO BACK TO DIVISION "A II" Corps in the 70's

participant, fan, supporter, volunteer, board member, Season Pass Holder found it worth my time, talent, and financial resources, and I am speaking of untold hunderds of volunteer hours and many of thousands of personal dollars (and I know I'm just one of countless others like YOU out there who have also done so. :worthy:

WHY won't DCI elevate the treatment , status and audio/video profile of our younger division II/III Corps?

EXAMPLE: Would it be that difficult to produce a Season Pass Level for us who are passionately in love and supporting the kids of Div. II/III. GO ACADEMY ^OO^

Let's strive to make this activty more inclusive and not as exclusive.

IS NOT MY DIVISION II/III DOLLARS OF CONTRIBUTION GREEN TOO!? :huh:

I think they said they were gonna start out with all the Div 1 finalists for now, and gradually start adding in more and more media. (Possibly vids, Div II and III, and non-finalists).

So yeah, when the season's over and they're not as busy with competitions and such, I'm sure they'll add em in. But being the first year for S. Pass, they only put the Div 1 finalists.

(you can tell they're gonna do it too; if you click on the list of corps a lot of Div 2 corps are listed, so yeah, they'll do it eventually)...(well they did list them before....where'd all the Div II corps go? They were on the list a few days ago.)

idono, they're probably still screwin with it.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

I agree....it would have been great to have live DCI coverage from the Great Lakes Open tonight which features 18 Div 2/3 corps....video clips of their shows and all! But I do respect the fact that the Indy show for Div 1 corps is on the same day, and will attract more fans and support....which makes sense for DCI to have live coverage of that show.

They're going in that direction. DCI offered DVDs of Div II/III last year, and they're constantly expanding the season pass, so I would expect more goodies for next season.

It takes time, money, and manpower to add those elements... and they didn't know if this Season Pass concept was going to work.

2002: DCI offers Div. II/III Finals CDs

2003: DCI offers Div. II/III Finals DVDs

2004: DCI offers APDs of Div. II/III corps at select shows

2005: Season Pass program starts with all 396 Top 12 shows of the DCI era. DCI states they intend to have ALL available audio recordings available through Season Pass in the future. This would presumably include Div. II/III performances.

2006: ?

Meeting on a grassy knoll in Texas during the early season, the DCI board of directors plotted the the demise of the Div II/III.