Indy Scores

CROSSMEN ROCKED.

I dont get it ?

LL

I think their problem is with visual; they just have not been able to carve out a visual identity in the past couple of years. I was really disappointed with the end of "Puma" last year. What made "Puma" work for us in 92 was that we were marching our tuckuses off. The excitement level at the end of the show in 04 was simply not there, and it wasn't the music, it was the visual.

Also their drum staff (I think) is all new, and thus they are scoring low there as well.

I really think Xmen have to realize that what they are doing is not working, and go fix it next year. They MUST pay more attention to the visual aspect of their program in today's drum corps. As it is, the only way they will be at finals this year is if Spirit forms a Maltese cross on the field at retreat.

It reminds me of Madison earlier this decade. They had to do a major rebuilding program starting with the visual aspect of the program. Larry ought to call Sal Salas and talk..

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the Crossmen visually...

Not that this has any impact on them competitively...but

Pick a uniform and stick with it!!!!!

:worthy:

The thought of SCV placing lower than 7th at finals is...well, unprecedented.  They have only failed to make the top six twice (1992 and 1993).  What are the reasons behind their descent?

And I ask the same question of The Crossmen.

:(

I have yet to see SCV this year, and probably won't; but I went to Murfreesboro last night and I will tell you that all top 8 corps are VERY good. Though it looks very weird to see SCV placing this low, they top 8 has put out some very stiff competition.

With that being said; does anyone think that the Blue Devils might be placing too high? I have liked several of BD's shows (2003 being the most recent), but this year is neither clean, nor well-designed (in my opinion).

Maybe it's not their descent. Maybe other corps have caught up with the Jones'. Couldn't it be that SCV has a great show but others do as well? Why is it that a legend must be having a bad season if they are being beaten? Could this be the long sought for parity in DCI we've been waiting for?

It could be.. but it's not. Watch the show and you'll figure it out. Great effort kids on a not so well designed show, by a staff that has slightly fallen apart... give them credit where credit is due.

meh, I'm sorry Crossmen didn't make finals. that's upsetting, but oh well.

~>conner

Wow I can't believe nobody's mentions the nice jump ahead by the Colts!  w00t!!!!

yah, huge jump, probably would've passed them the other night too if not for the missing judge.

oh and SCVVVVVVVV! B)

Edited by MadMan99