Massillon Scores

Wow...go Bloo!

Based on last night, I think Scouts and especially PR should be higher. But then again...I'm not a judge....

Glassmen better be looking in their rear-view mirror...Spirit's gettin' closer. (Although I really like G-men's show!)

Regiment picked up most of their increase from visual. I still can't believe they are scoring where they are in GE. They're loaded with GE! Bloo seemed to pick up points equally across the 3 major sub-captions. The other big news is Glassmen closing the gap on BAC from 3.625 to 1.6!

Regiment's blast off continues! Go Phor It Phantom!!!

Harvey

OK, enough is enough. If Crossmen can work their butts off for weeks and not move in score, I am going to the show tomorrow in Hornell to scream my fool head off!!! :rolleyes:

OK, the fool part is correct, but boy I hope to see some movement from my heroes real soon! Tomorrow would be good b**bs

Okay, I just got back from the Massilon show, it was my first live DCI show ever...and basically the only time I've ever been in the stands for a marching arts competition, so this was new to me.

First off...IT'S LOUDER AND BETTER LIVE THAN ON RECORDINGS! :) The only shows I've seen are recorded ones, so as dumb as that statement is to many of you, I was astounded :rolleyes:

A few things about the show before I post my first review in the review forum.

#1 - Kiwanis Kavaliers: They might be ranked last in Div 1, but at least their show is entertaining enough to make up for it! Entertainment>Complexity (That Pink Panther stuff was sweet)

Plus, they're D-line played some sweet stuff when they came off, and that was SWEET!

#2 - Glassmen and Jazzifying - This DEFINATELY works. I heard people talking about how the only part of the show that was great was the closer, and they didn't really like the first half. Seriously now, this show was friggin awesome, ALL of it, not just the closer.

Oh yeah, they're D-line laid it down coming off the field as well.

#3 - Madison & the soft ending NO LONGER EXISTS - Okay, so I've never seen the show before, but people have been talking on here that the new ending is "soft", and the ending I saw was definately not soft. It was kinda like last year's ending(even in a similar or same set as last year)...(like the bottom of a Fluer-de-lis) The ending was more of a ballad what with Carmen dying and all, but it was still a loud hold, so I'm almost postive the old...new... ending is gone.

#4 - Phantom doing Gershwin - I was afraid I wouldn't recognoize them doing jazzy stuff, but they're still Phantom! And that guy definately stole the show(exluding the part where the rest of the guard changes their unis and come back out). Oh yeah, and the ending where he's in backfield with the umbrella is great the way it is, VERY COOL. (still not really anyone with rainsticks though...that should turn around come finals I'm sure).

Oh yeah, and Phantom's BASS DRUMS are frickin amazing...

#5 - BLOO and the beat guy - Okay, I was afraid I wouldn't like it at all, but I guess it kinda works. IMO it would've worked better if EVERYONE was doing it and not just him...and if it wasn't amplified. Kinda sounds like a japanese rapper(and yes I've heard japanese rappers before :beer: )

I'll write a review soon