On the field with '87 SCV at DCI Semi's

I have the SCV 1987 finals performance as recorded from inside one of the snare drummers' hats.  Talk about up close and personal!

PhilSCV

So Phil, ya want to find that puppy? :P

If you can translate it to an mp3, lemme know if you need help hosting the mp3 for all to enjoy. :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish this had gone on for the complete show...I've had it for awhile...I did NOT know Hardimon had put a Scottish lick in the middle! And I LOVE the judge's commentary...not talking to make himself sound important and actually giving good comomentary (unlike the guy from Cavies in 01 ...just horrid stuff, even to a horn player';s ear!)

That was a great show, and a filthy tight drumline. They had that East coast neck-bob thing working in 87. Thanks for the post. Good Lord!

really awesome, a lot of fun to listen to :)

Unfortunately, he had to give up judging DCI shows after a skiing accident in the mid 90's.  He hurt his leg pretty bad, and wasn't able to maneuver around as well as would be required for the high velocity drills that are now the norm.

Maybe DCI could get him to judge Percussion Ensemble at the big shows; since that judge sits in the stands, he wouldn't have to worry about running around.

I marched in 87 and don't recall this tape. Unfortunately, we took 2nd in drums , I think Cadets received all perfect scores in drums during finals.

Another amazing jude during that time was Dan Smith. We would listen to his tapes all the time. At the beginning of the show he would start yelling...I am getting goosebumps, I'm excited, give it to me...somewhat erotic in a weird way.

In any event he had .5 above Cadets in GE but we still ended up losing...sigh

Maybe DCI could get him to judge Percussion Ensemble at the big shows; since that judge sits in the stands, he wouldn't have to worry about running around.

sounds like a great idea, just hearing his excitement gave you goosebumps. would be incredible for the activity and for him :)

Thanks Rich!

Who would 'da thunk? SCVs biggest fan/online supporter is a BD alum :D

Thanks Rich!

Who would 'da thunk?  SCVs biggest fan/online supporter is a BD alum :D

just proving he knows good #### when he sees it, and isn't afraid to say it regardless of corps affiliation, i applaud that :)