Boston area restaurants / caterers

Looking for ideas / suggestions for a restaurant / caterer that would be able to provide food for our ageout dinner. (Not looking for a handout, just ideas...unless, of course, somebody wants to be an angel :) lol) Anyway, we've done chicken, steak, barbecue, etc., in the past and are looking for something similar...or even something with a local flare.

Any and all ideas are welcomed. You would probably be helping many corps by answering this post, so give us as many suggestions as you can think of. (Names and phone numbers of possibilities would be greatly appreciated!)

Thanks in advance for your help!

If you like seafood, and you have some money.......Legal Seafood ( i think thats how u spell it)...in downtown Boston....apparently they have caterered for the President at one time...maybe still....fantastic food..but pricy

Edited by DCM

Some places I can think of in Boston. Not sure how easy it would be to get so many people there, or even if they cater.

Fire & Ice: Pretty big upstairs area, but don't know how easy it would be to seat 135+. Great stir-fry place. $20 a person.

Cheesecake Factory: Right in the prudential center or even in cambridge. Great food and even better desserts.

Skipjacks: Great seafood near copley square.

Legal Seafood: See above.

Anthem: Nice medium-upscale american bistro.

Hard Rock Cafe: Copley/Downtown Crossing Area in Boston.

The only other thing I can think of is to perhaps rent out space in a country club and hire some catering service.

Edited by Musicman1084

Thanks for the ideas so far. Keep-em coming! Remember, corps are poor...even the corps with the most money probably can't afford Legal Seafood or even $20 / person...that would add up fast! But that's okay, any idea is better than no idea! I really appreciate your help so far!

As a proud resident of the fabulous city of Boston I make these recommendations for restaurants:

Italian-go to the North End neighborhood-it is very european with over 100 restaurants, primarily itlalian and you can't go wrong in any of them, a few suggestions are Mama Maria and Giacamellos. There are some great outside cafes, real cafes not starbucks-Mike's pastry is excellent.

South End neighborhood-arts area, very diverse neighborhood with tons of lofts and brownstones-restaurants I would recommend are Hammersley's on Tremont, The Franklin Cafe on Shawmut-amazing martinis, Grill 23-great steaks. Tremont 647 on Tremont Street, this is also a great neighborhood to walk around, tons of people, lots of stores and outdoor cafes.

Seafood-Legal Seafood which is all over the city, Skipjacks which has a couple of locations in the city.

Also, you should walk around Newbury Street (similar to Rodeo Drive), Back Bay (Boston Common and Boston Garden), Beacon Hill. Beautiful houses and great restaurants. Good restaurants in this area are Figs on Charles Street, The Parliament on Charles Street, The Federalist on Tremont Street.

Lastly go to the financial district-Boston's downtown doesn't close up at night like many american cities, many people live right in the center of town and there are great restaurants in this area. Specifally, Masa, Mercury Restaurant,

Be aware that most things in Boston are outrageously expensive. Parking is a nightmare, if you can take the T, but is an amazing city to walk around and is a very easy to walk from neighborhood to neighborhood.

Also, Cambridge has great restaurants and you can go to Harvard and MIT which are cool campuses. Harvard Square has great restaurants-Upstairs-Downstairs is great.

If you want a step up from typical fast food good restaurants that aren't ridiculously priced are Bertuccis-they are located everywhere, Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen.

Most restaurants have their menus outside so you don't have to go in to decide you aren't interested.

From politicians you may have the impression that Boston is Sodam. I reassure you will see great people working hard, living life and enjoying this amazing city. You will not see a giant gay wedding. People here just let people live and let live-it's a very nonjudgmental city.

The people in the city have a reputation of being cold but that may come from the fact that we are packed in the city like sardines and pay up the nose for a 700 square feet studio.