Pittsburgh, PA

<snip>

You, Mr. Boo, ultimate cheerleader of DCI, should be happy the haters have shut up.

The wrong Michael here - but I, for one, am happy that some of the haters have quieted down (if not jumped on the bandwagon - no pun intended). I had grown very weary of the chronic and irrational negativity! :) <--- me being happy.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's just as predictible as always. :)  (As far as you saying a "new" face at the top). The Cadets are not new to being at the the top!

You predicted all the results of this yr? Guess I missed that post. :beer:

It's been 5 yrs since Cadets were at THE top (in 1st).

Cheers, :blink:

Sean

w/Stp:

I have a hard time thinking of the Cadets as a fresh face at the top.... Yeah, the focus has been on Green and Blue this century but let's not forget how close to the top the Cadets have been.

'00: 1st at Finals.

'01: 2nd at Finals.

'02: 3rd at Finals (2nd at Quarterfinals)

'03: 3rd at Finals (only .15 out of 2nd)

'04: 4th at Finals

The only time this century they haven't been in the heat of the race for 1st or 2nd was last year.

Edited by Machine

I am not betting against them also. Not that it hasn't been done before but 3 points is a lot to make up two weeks before finals.

Phantom Regiment 93.000 --- Make that about 2.35 after tonight.

Keep pushing Phantom!

But if Cadets had performed tonight, chances are their score would have risen as well.

Phantom Regiment 93.000 --- Make that about 2.35 after tonight.

Keep pushing Phantom!

This is assuming that The Cadets and Cavaliers would have remained stagnant in their scores from Tuesday.

I truly hope PR tightens the gap but it will be tough.

What happened to all the Cadets' show hatred espoused here by fans after seeing the show once and not giving it a further chance to succeed? I remember multiple threads about how bad the show was and how it was so weird there was no way anyone would ever enjoy it.

Have some opinions changed because the show is now winning? I hope that's not the reason. But I do hope that this is used as a reason for some fans to give shows a chance to develop before declaring the products dead on arrival.

Cadets do have a brilliantly-conceived show. Cavaliers have a wonderful easy-to-appreciate show. And there are corps currently under both the top two corps that have a chance to do amazing things in the last two weeks.

Let's hope for a fabulous three Division I shows in Foxboro. And while we're looking at the top, I hope some additional fans check out the Division II & III shows. If you're looking for something to do on Saturday, check out the II & III Grand Finals in the morning and afternoon, giving you plenty of time to get back to Division I finals. I think a lot of fans would be shocked at the quality of the Division II & III corps.

No, my opinion hasn't changed, I just found more corps that I don't like just as much! :P

It's sad really that it has come to this for me. There were minimal shows that I even enjoyed this year. I really enjoy Crown, Boston, Glassmen, SCV.

And here is a question for you Mr. Boo...last night we listened to the APD of the Cadets show from Indianapolis. (We did see the whole show in Orlando). And just listening to the audio with the exception of the ballad, no MUSIC was to be found. My husband agrees with me on this. Not only that..but amps were bleeding over with static into the horn line and the amps overwhelmed the horn lines on many shows. There were some weird amp noises going on in the Cadets show. Is that what you want to be listening to when you buy your CD's? Have you ever just listened to the audio of the show?

Oh and I am going to division 2/3 corps finals this year.

Edited by Lancerlady

You predicted all the results of this yr?  Guess I missed that post. :blink:

It's been 5 yrs since Cadets were at THE top (in 1st).

Cheers, :beer:

Sean

w/Stp:

:beer: No, I didn't and that is not what my comment was in reference too. It was in reference to how predictible the top corps have been for the last 10 years or whatever...

No, my opinion hasn't changed, I just found more corps that I don't like just as much! :P

It's sad really that it has come to this for me. There were minimal shows that I even enjoyed this year. I really enjoy Crown, Boston, Glassmen, SCV.

And here is a question for you Mr. Boo...last night we listened to the APD of the Cadets show from Indianapolis. (We did see the whole show in Orlando).  And just listening to the audio with the exception of the ballad, no MUSIC was to be found. My husband agrees with me on this. Not only that..but amps were bleeding over with static into the horn line and the amps overwhelmed the horn lines on many shows. There were some weird amp noises going on in the Cadets show. Is that what you want to be listening to when you buy your CD's? Have you ever just listened to the audio of the show?

Oh and I am going to division 2/3 corps finals this year.

No music to be found?

Get real! It may not be music YOU like, but there is a ton of music in there. Both Liquid and Mirrors have tons of great things going on.

Lets be very honest here, Steph. . .you got ###### off (and these are your words, not mine) because Cadets were using amps in Orlando at the beginning of the season and hated the show from there (again all your words that I can pull up if I need to). The show had no chance with you, and that is fine, but please admit it. Its called a bias, no big deal. . .but be honest.

No music to be found?

Get real!  It may not be music YOU like, but there is a ton of music in there.  Both Liquid and Mirrors have tons of great things going on. 

Lets be very honest here, Steph. . .you got ###### off (and these are your words, not mine) because Cadets were using amps in Orlando at the beginning of the season and hated the show from there (again all your words that I can pull up if I need to).  The show had no chance with you, and that is fine, but please admit it.  Its called a bias, no big deal. . .but be honest.

No, they used amps last year and I loved the show. Loved it! :blink: That is not the truth and I won't admit it! :P I was ###### off in Orlando because of the annoying narration going on and the drumspeak, but I found another show that is even MORE annoying in their narration then the Cadets. Blue Devils.

I just don't hear the same "music" that you do that's all..I hear a lot of bleeps and bloops going on in more then just the Cadets arrangements that's all I'm saying. :) I will say that after hearing the audio the only music I hear is in the ballad. There I will change my tune to that. I have the right to change my tune..don't I?

I don't need you to pull up anything. I didn't like their show in Orlando and I will stick to that. I just listened to the audio. I don't have any problem admitting something I don't like. :) ( I thought we (you and I) moved on from Orlando)..lol. :blink:

Edited by Lancerlady