Cadets on top

Hey everybody, for those of you who havent seen tonights scores...

1 The Cadets 95.350

2 The Cavaliers 94.850

3 Blue Knights 86.650

4 Capital Regiment 79.900

5 Seattle Cascades 78.500

6 Pioneer

To me, it feels great and invigorating and fresh to have someone else besides the Blue Devils, and the Cavaliers on top. Nothing against those corps mind you, but change like this is always welcome in my book. I was gonna post this post after Indy, but I just wanted to make sure Cadets were really on top, especially after such the tight scores that night!! Anybody else feel the same way, as far as a fresh face being at the top, one that we haven't seen for 5 years??? If you don't feel that way, please explain, I'm open to all opinions, positive, or not so positive!

b**bs

My son called me from the bus tonight and said that Cadets felt very fortunate to have widened the margin over the Cavies because tonight's show was NOT the Cadets best effort (according to some of the members).

It's still anybody's (among the top 4 or 5) championship to win or lose, but obviously I hope the Cadets will continue to improve and widen the margin going into Foxboro!

Okay, so I'm a lttle biased! :sshh:

I'm ecstatic! Now I'd like to see PR jump and have Cadets and PR battle it out in Foxboro.

I'd also like to see the Colts challenge for a Top 12 spot, but Colts never really seem to do well in that stadium for some reason :P

Congratulations to the Cadets. FYI, the Cavaliers redid the ending of their show and revamped a bunch of color guard stuff the last 2 days, so they are still kind of dirty. I still see them cleaning up more and making it close in Foxboro. According to Cadets director, they are not adding anything else, that is why they are so clean. Don't get me wrong, they deserve the best, especially if they are the best. I love their music and I am getting used to the door. I just wanted others to know why there was a bigger gap tonight. Of course, most know I am a little prejudiced but I don't want to say anything bad about the Cadets or any corp! they all work too hard all summer for that to happen.

Sorry, but you lost me. I've never considered " The Cadets " in the category of " somebody else " type of Corps. Not with the Cadets resume. No siree. Now if it was the Phantom Regiment, Boston, Blue Coats, Crown, etc, then you'd have my pleasant surprise....no.....THRILLED surprise and joy......( haha ).

And I certainley agree with you, but you gotta admit Cavies and BD have been on their own the last however many years, and its great to see a corps with such caliber like the Cadets working there way back up again. They are positively not in that category, at least in my mind, sorry if I worded wrongly. 8 championships does not sound like a "somebody else" to me!

I think the theme of this whole season has been "underdog improvement" and shocking placements--

Not just for first place either.

The top, middle, and bottom/bubble really are anyone's game at this point.

The corps who push through to the end will take it in the end, but WOW what a year. Look at the growth and improvement of so many corps! And the most amazing part of this and its impact on the activity is the fact that the corps who are in 16, 17, 18 place are still REALLY GREAT.

This is no longer about which corps are grand or not-- it's about who brings it to any given show.

I just got back from the show, I'd write a review but I'm too tired right now and I have to get up in 5 hrs. It's the only time I'll see Cavies and the 2nd time for Cadets and it comes down to the old boxing cliche "Styles make the fight". I personally thought Cavies had a better show tonight. I think they came in with a chip on thier shoulder and they rocked tonight. I didn't get any vibe or energy out of the Cadets at all and I'm surprised that they won by .5. I saw them a month ago in Erie and I got a better feeling from that show than tonight. Maybe an Indy hangover? Neither corps was squeaky-clean but Cadets did perform better, which makes sense since Cavies have the new ending. The crowd was definitely in the Cavies' corner tonight and didn't like the judges' take on things. I really like the Cadets' show this year but the intro narration and skat-beat boxing thing really annoyed me seeing it for the second time! It looks like a judges show vs crowd show for the title. Cavies performed the encore tonight and they have a great one! Performed the show opener and then the pit alone played the entire (I think) "Ode to Joy" movement. That was awsome and brought a standing "O"! Then they played "My Kind of Town" in your face and ended with "Over the Rainbow". Great shows tonight from all the corps. Wish I was going to Allentown and, era, Bastan next weekend!