My personal opinion on DCA 2006

And against guidelines...

True... That's the reason for ^0^ , not <**> .

The language filter is working just fine. The stupidity filter, however, has been broken for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. :P

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the title of the thread is "My Personal Opinion"

i gave mine

if you think it is stupid so be it.

It tells me that there were more than a few people who did not show up due to the rain. If no rain that day I think the turnout would have been MUCH better.

,.............don't forget it is prelims and finals we are talking about at $25.00 and $40.00 a seat,..............

I don't have to tell that you probobly shouldn't count on too many local walk ups even on a GOOD day,...................they will certainly have to be some sort of fan to pay prices at those levels,..............not just locals looking for something to do on a Saturday or Sunday,.....................

I've been to DCA finals three times and all three times it's rained like #### on me. I'm over it, the rain doesn't scare me anymore. The location for finals should not be chosen based on rain. But, if I get to choose between being rained on in Scranton or rained on in WS, I'll choose WS. I can't compare WS to anywhere but Scranton because I haven't been in a finals anywhere but Scranton since 1975 -- so my scope is a little limited. Add to that that I'm a sucker for someone who welcomes me with open arms and treats me good ... and this is a singularly important thing because when I come to finals I'm basically a tourist and this is my vacation (yeah, sad but true). As such, I'm looking to be taken care of to some degree, especially after a hot and sticky rehearsal. The organizers and the people of WS made me feel appreciated and welcome ... everywhere I went, not just at the stadium. Every bar, every store, every bellhop was gracious and helpful. This stands in strict contrast to what generally happens to me in Scranton -- don't need to elaborate -- it just does. I liked the WS experience. I think they did a knock out job. I think they had some kick-### facilities. I think this was a great test run and I think the shortcomings (including the evil Adams-Mark elevators) are highly fixable before August 2006.

back to your regularly scheduled programming ^0^

Edited by jojo

our seats were $25 a piece for W.S. for a regular season show.

the title of the thread is "My Personal Opinion"

i gave mine

if you think it is stupid so be it.

Wow! I missed the part where I said your opinion was stupid.

I guess I don't use emoticons very well. For some reason, I had the idea that adding this :P to the end of that statement would show that I was trying to lighten the mood.

Is there anyone that can speak to the bids from the other cities?

I'd be interested in hearing about the packages each place has put together...'cause I'm not totally a homer for Winston-Salem (although I'll defintely admit to not minding it if that's what happens), if the deal is better somewhere else.

Stadiums, hotels, city/county concessions and so on that are being made by each bid? I'd like to get into the "meat" of each proposal, if we have access to it.

...Or is that something that generally just the DCA Board folks do?