where?? :beer:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And since Walgreens sells beer AND drugs... :o

What time can you start buying beer in TN on Sunday. ^0^

PA - finally started booze sales on Sunday

WV - Hilarious, beer/wine sales start at 1PM (IOW after church lets out). Saw some relatives down there and had to wait 20 minutes before I could buy stuff to take home. (Sorry honey, our trip home has been delayed.)

They do here in TN, although on Sunday, it's locked away. As long as the beer has been purchased on a day other than Sunday, it may be served (sold) with a "special event" beer license, but it would have to be consumed inside the building. Our liquor laws are very strange. :beer:

Just have it in Atlanta. Tons of everything. Cheaps flights from up north to the worlds busiest airport. and its only 5 hours futher from WS for those who are too afraid to fly:) Atlanta hosts poultry conventions larger than DCA, I am sure they could handle it:) And no...I am not submitting a bid.

Interestingly enough, the more I read this thread......it dawned on me.......Went to Buffalo for DCI's a few years ago........nothing special at all.......would still go back for the music........Orlando.....nothing special.....especially the Citrus Bowl or whatever it is.......would still go back......Madison......nothing special......what does Madison have....like 3 bars/restaurants in walking distance of Camp Randall........and I'll go back next year. I didn't go to Denver because I have to take babysteps getting my dad out of Erie, PA:) Going to Boston, so hopefully that is the last hurdle to making him cosmopolitan:) Why? Just to see something different and change up the pace. Apparently not everybody is motivated by the same things.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, GA.

Just have it in Atlanta.  Tons of everything.  Cheaps flights from up north to the worlds busiest airport. and its only 5 hours futher from WS for those who are too afraid to fly:)  Atlanta hosts poultry conventions larger than DCA, I am sure they could handle it:)  And no...I am not submitting a bid.

Interestingly enough, the more I read this thread......it dawned on me.......Went to Buffalo for DCI's a few years ago........nothing special at all.......would still go back for the music........Orlando.....nothing special.....especially the Citrus Bowl or whatever it is.......would still go back......Madison......nothing special......what does Madison have....like 3 bars/restaurants in walking distance of Camp Randall........and I'll go back next year.  I didn't go to Denver because I have to take babysteps getting my dad out of Erie, PA:)  Going to Boston, so hopefully that is the last hurdle to making him cosmopolitan:) Why?  Just to see something different and change up the pace.  Apparently not everybody is motivated by the same things. 

Eric Watters

Atlanta, GA.

Agreed. I'm motivated by money, as in "how little of it can I spend, since I don't have any?"

Talk to me in 2 years when I'm out of school, and then I'll be motivated by seeing something different.

Just have it in Atlanta.  Tons of everything.Eric Watters

Atlanta, GA.

Tons of people with thier head up thier BUTT when driving also.Corps would have to allow at least 4 hours for the morning commute to practice and probably about 8 hours commute on game day.

That is if ALL the interstate lanes are open.Shut down one of them and add another 3 hours to the reported times listed above. b**bs b**bs b**bs

I love my corps brothers and sisters in Atlanta but I hate ATlanta,,can you tell?????? :rock::rock::rock:

Words from the "anywhere but Atlanta foundation"

Edited by camel lips

JIM - I thought PA was relaxing the sunday sales effective on Labor Day, just in time for our pilgrimage?

For those of you uninitiated with our "slightly" out of date booze laws.

Some State stores (Commonwealth of PA is the only one allowed to sell wine and hard stuff) are now open on Sunday. Forget how long that has been going on, possibly one or two years. No rhyme or reson which stores are opened.

Places selling cases of beer can buy a special license for Sunday sales. If nothing else if will cut down on the lines Saturday night (not kidding where I live). Don't know when this is to take effect.

Bars can sell 6 packs or half case of 12 oz cans to take home on Sunday as long as they also sell food. That law may have been changed as the last time I took advantage of that was in college. Place sold pack of crackers and "Sammys Sandwichs" (microwavable burgers in plastic) as the "food".

Bottom line: When in doubt, stock up Saturday.....

Edit: Not sure about anything special for Labor Day sales this year. I'll fill the suitcase and cooler before we leave. B) Sounds like my old camping weekends. :P

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

actually those are more civilized than CT liquor laws. :P

Tons of people with thier head up thier BUTT when driving also.Corps would have to allow at least 4 hours for the morning commute to practice and probably about 8 hours commute on game day.

That is if ALL  the interstate lanes are  open.Shut down one of them and add another 3 hours to the reported times listed above. b**bs  b**bs  b**bs

I love my corps brothers and sisters in Atlanta but I hate ATlanta,,can you tell?????? :rock:  :rock:  :rock:

Words from the "anywhere but Atlanta foundation"

Oh barother.

Of course, Atlanta isn't a reasonable or rational option.

Of course. Obviously too far.

I said it tongue in cheek.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, GA.