My personal opinion on DCA 2006

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I mentioned that I actually ate a buffalo burger while I was in NC? I got it at the Foothill Brewing Company, along with a pint of Czech beer.

Yummy.

teu42.gif

All right, I have to ask...why?  Serious question, because I've never been there.

Ditto. I'd love to hear your insights, Jeff. Especially now that I'm becoming a DCA Borg (:P), and might actually PLAN AHEAD to make it to DCAs in '06.

For the record, I would like to reiterate that nothing contained in this thread is a statement by anyone or any organization but me.  I regret that my expressing my personal opinion in public antagonizes anyone, but I reserve the right to do so.

Hey, wait a feakin moment here........who are you?....lemme talk to Lee..... :blink:

Muz

B)

I haven't seen one objection that couldn't be resolved easily. Food menus, ATM's,

are minor and correctable. The big difference is how much the people in  W/S, those with the power to bring something like this to their community, are bending over backwards to make this happen. Its refreshing to see the energy being put into it. Unlike some of the other communities, including Scranton, don't seem to care enough, if finals ever come back.

Thank you for your time!

I think you have indirectly hit on it here Jeff,...............Scranton has minimal local fans, similar to Syracuse and the other NE cities who have held finals in the past,..............but the key here is that they are in general striking distance to DCA's regional fan base,..............not that the fan base does not need expansion,.............but at what cost,.................I mean, how many people from NY, NJ, CT, PA, etc....................would opt not to attend finals?,.............

another question,.................what was the attendance at finals last year?

another question,...............would the expanded Carolina fan base make up the difference of those opting not to attend finals at all,................you see, for the traveler and/or coprs member, Labor Day Weekend IS DCA Weekend, whereas the more local Finals attending only fan is still home for Labor Day,...............and no, I am not one of them,...............I ussually get home late Labor Day evening,...........................and BTW, why don't the Renegades get a vote on this Lee?,....................and if the Renegades don't, who does get to vote on this?

what was the attendance at finals last year?

..and BTW, why don't the Renegades get a vote on this Lee?,....................and if the Renegades don't, who does get to vote on this?

DCA does not publish attendance figures.

I think Lee is saying that I do most of the voting.

Repeat from my RAMD post - Problem with Scranton is the area's running out of hotel rooms Labor Day weekend. What happens when a new corps wants to debut at DCA Prelims and can't find freakin' rooms for the corps???? Any area interested in having DCA better have a lot of empty rooms LD weekend.