My personal opinion on DCA 2006

my issues were well documented in the other thread, got me called stuck in the mud against growth and had some truly nasty email sent my way.

no need to repeat em here unless better insults and lies are sent my way

How much better do they have to be :P

Interesting timing as my wife is in Raliegh-Wake Forest now visiting family. Personally I'd like to try a new site within driving distance for me. Figure I'm staying 3 nights in a hotel with ????? to do all day Saturday might as well check out something new.

Only thing that keeps me from commuting to Scranton for the show is that scary ###ed drive over the mountains on I-81.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh they got rooms, but who wants to pay $180 a night for 4 people in a room. We went a little further south and got double rooms for $65 for saturday.

How far south Jeff??

Well I could find a few places about two hours south where I could stay for free. Wonder if my sister and her hubby want to rent out the horse barn they have on their property. But don't think the folks at Penn National Race Track would appreciate a corps practicing right next door. ^0^

Count me as a yes vote for W-S (!) as long as somebody from PA brings the recipe for funnel cakes with them.

Seriously, Grove Stadium was a beautiful place for a drum corps show. If they do hold finals there, some corps would be very smart to include seat cushions in their souvie line. My butt STILL has lines in it from those metal benchs.

here's how to make funnel cake.

get some dough, throw it in a fryer and shape it funny.

sprinkle a #### load of sugar on it.

serve.

:P

How much better do they have to be  :P

Interesting timing as my wife is in Raliegh-Wake Forest now visiting family. Personally I'd like to try a new site within driving distance for me. Figure I'm staying 3 nights in a hotel with ????? to do all day Saturday might as well check out something new.

Only thing that keeps me from commuting to Scranton for the show is that scary ###ed drive over the mountains on I-81.

:blink:

Jimmy, Jimmy , Jimmy!

If you think that drive on 81 is scary, try doing I-80 from either Scranton or Allentown going west in the middle of the night, hauling a 42' equipment trailer in a one lane construction zone...Talk about a horror story!

Take the scenic tour! Come up the 476, since that's the way we have to go each year..we fly in to Allentown most times, this year it's Philly...sounds like real fun! NOT!!!

Pat

:blink:

Seriously, Grove Stadium was a beautiful place for a drum corps show.  If they do hold finals there, some corps would be very smart to include seat cushions in their souvie line.  My butt STILL has lines in it from those metal benchs.

Renegades sell seat cushions at our souvie booth! Go check them out!!! b**bs

Renegades sell seat cushions at our souvie booth!  Go check them out!!!  b**bs

Apparently we need to get a funnel cake fryer too! :)

DCA should come to california!!! lol

I'm not sure the California drum corps fans are ready for that yet....

Of course, from my perspective, whether it's Rochester, Scranton, Winston-Salem, it doesn't matter where DCA is next year. It's going to be a long trip either way, so I'd be going for the shows, not the location.

For the record, I will fully support the final decision of DCA on this issue ... wherever it decides that finals will be held. B)