My personal opinion on DCA 2006

Good! cuz if it is not going to be in the Northeast, I won't go.

How delightful. Perhaps corps such as ours shouldn't bother to go thru all the time and trouble, and the same 5 corps can hang around pinching each other's #####, slapping each other on the back and congratulating each other for being the "world champions".

Wanna REALLY be World Champions? Then, get off your ### and make room for expansion, otherwise the title of "world champion" is no more than a pathetic joke.

The fleas come with the dog.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed but if you do it, do it right Rich. if you do it and a majority of people ##### about how it was done, you do yourselves and DCA no favors. look at 96

Perhaps corps such as ours shouldn't bother to go thru all the time and trouble, and the same 5 corps can hang around pinching each other's #####, slapping each other on the back and congratulating each other for being the "world champions".

:P

Edited by Skyliner1

How delightful.  Perhaps corps such as ours shouldn't bother to go thru all the time and trouble, and the same 5 corps can hang around pinching each other's #####, slapping each other on the back and congratulating each other for being the "world champions".

Wanna REALLY be World Champions?  Then, get off your ### and make room for expansion, otherwise the title of "world champion" is no more than a pathetic joke.

The fleas come with the dog.

OMG!!!! :worthy: This has to be THE FUNNIEST thing I have ever read on DCP. Thank you, Rich!!!

Ignorance* is bliss. One would hope that for the sake of expansion, and for the livelihood of the activity, others will be more receptive to “thinking outside of the box”. The concept making a 14+ hour journey for a competition is as foreign to many as the southern language and its many dialects (yes, there are dialects). I applaud those organizations who took time to learn “the language”, and sample the local flavors with an open mind. If any thing, I believe the W-S show proved there are plenty of new drum corps fans out their waiting to pick their favorite DCA corps and show.

*NOTE - Ignorance should NOT be confused with stupidity, so please do not read it that way.

the damage is if it isn't done right.

that's been my beef all along.

if not done right, you hurt DCA and especially areas outside the NorthEast

As a new "fan" and hopeful marcher next year, I would say yes, my husband and I could and would make it to finals in Winston!

I am looking forward to seeing my first DCA show on August 14 in Providence! Woo hoo! :worthy:

And don't forget the 20th right there in your home town.

So, after quietly lurking around in this and other “W-S” threads I have formulated a thought or two (yay me! :beer: ):

1. Lighten up Francis! (if you think I’m talking to you, I’m talking to you)

2. I’m guessing there are more tour busses located within the 500 mile swath of the Northeast than in most of the rest of the East coast; at least that’s what I have observed while driving along the beautiful Garden State Parkway. These busses are probably capable of traveling beyond Atlantic City…

3. Have you ever noticed that those funnel cakes, pierogies, hot dogs, etc. are mostly created and served up from portable stands…

4. Headline: Local kick a** drum corps contracts with SuperBus Charters and BigChain Hotels, in association with, (insert championships location visitors bureau here), to offer an inexpensive and fun-filled get-away weekend to beautiful (insert championships location here) to its fans.

Complete package contains bus tickets, hotel room, and tickets to the many exciting DCA championship events. But wait! There’s more!- If you act now, we’ll throw in a coupon book with discounts for funnel cakes, fried chicken, peirogies, and FRIED OKRA!

5. May I call you Francis?

These are my personal comments and bad humor.

2. I’m guessing there are more tour busses located within the 500 mile swath of the Northeast than in most of the rest of the East coast; at least that’s what I have observed while driving along the beautiful Garden State Parkway. These busses are probably capable of traveling beyond Atlantic City…

These are my personal comments and bad humor.

have you seen some of the buses going to AC? Even I wouldn't get on some of em :P

the damage is if it isn't done right.

that's been my beef all along.

if not done right, you hurt DCA and especially areas outside the NorthEast

Thus the practice show in W-S this year. With all of the feedback (even in it's non-constructive manner), issues can be taken careof BEFORE finals get there. Sounds as though the W-S group is actually working to put on a great finals in their city. People are #####ing and moaning that all we hear about is W-S and none of the other locations that have put in a bid. Where are those cities PR people?? The reason we keep hearing about W-S is because they are TRYING TO GET FINALS THERE!!! Other cities should work harder if they want it. (This isn't meant to so much a rip on the other cities with bids, but more a "good job" to W-S).

The following comments are strictly mine and should in no way reflect on my fellow corps members.

After marching the show in Kingston, I was greeted with a HOT Dr. Pepper from the concession stand. This is not the first show for Kingston, but no one has been on here <FILTER CIRUMVENTION REMOVED - GJ>, about how they need to "get it right" or they'll ruin the activity!

After finishing my refreshing HOT beverage, I stayed for retreat, then rode 20 hours on the bus back to Atlanta, then got in my car and drove 8 hours home. All because I enjoy playing my heart out for people who think we should never be taken seriously because we say "dawg" instead of "dog" and we put sugar in our tea. Holy <FILTER CIRUMVENTION REMOVED - GJ>, people who do that can't know anything about drum corps or running a show!!!!

Please remember, the above rant was only from me. I'm the smart ###, not my corps.

Edited by Poodle