My personal opinion on DCA 2006

In my opinion, the 2006 DCA Championships should be held in Winston-Salem. Given the amazing reaction of the fans to all the DCA corps, we should expect to see substantial growth in ticket sales at its next show in Winston-Salem, and this is an opportunity to partner with a community who "gets it" = Win-win. This should not be a permanent move, but a one-year move, and then we should hold another "Preview of Champions" in Winston-Salem in 2007 to capitalize on the growth of the fan base. After that, we can rotate Finals around again should the growth of the DCA fan base turn out as we expect it to.

I don't get a vote, but if I did, that's what it would be.

To me, the growth of the DCA fan base and increasing the revenue of all of the DCA corps should be our primary mission, because if the DCA fan base grows, ALL of the DCA corps win.

In my opinion, the DCA "product" is the most exciting on the planet, and the sky is the limit in terms of senior corps popularity. Second to none.

I say ... Commence World Domination.

Lee Rudnicki

p.s. This is not a statement by anyone or any organization but me, I received no consideration of any kind for making this statement, and somebody tell the guy from Sacramento who predicted social anarchy and riots if we so much as brought the white uniforms to NC that we had fun, and it was all good ... lol.

Edited by drumlaw80

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One suggestion, if the DCA championship does end up in Winston-Salem next year:

The people on the local committee might want to reach out to the Carolina Crown folks down the road for help in promoting the event.

The Crown organization's Night Beat show is, year after year, probably the best-attended locally-run drum corps show in the country. (Of the shows not run by DCI or DCA themselves.) And this is with a weeknight date and not always the absolute strongest lineup of corps. The Crown folks, no doubt about it, know how to put butts in seats.

Plus, Crown operates CrownTickets. Beats the heck out of dealing with Ticketmaster, IMO.

Just my opinion. I am not a paid endorser of Carolina Crown, their Night Beat show, or their ticket operation.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

One suggestion, if the DCA championship does end up in Winston-Salem next year:

The people on the local committee might want to reach out to the Carolina Crown folks down the road for help in promoting the event.

The Crown organization's Night Beat show is, year after year,  probably the best-attended locally-run drum corps show in the country.  (Of the shows not run by DCI or DCA themselves.)  And this is with a weeknight date and not always the absolute strongest lineup of corps.  The Crown folks, no doubt about it, know how to put butts in seats.

Plus, Crown operates CrownTickets.  Beats the heck out of dealing with Ticketmaster, IMO.

An excellent idea.

100% agree all around. Nightbeat is an awesome show, and perhaps a "team up" can occur, where their promotions department can share a few pointers with the Winston-Salem folks, or what have you.

And, considering that Ticketmaster lost my tickets to begin with, I'd much prefer to deal with CrownTickets! :)

i think that in time Winston Salem will be great. I dont feel they are ready yet.

key word yet.

For the record, I would like to reiterate that nothing contained in this thread is a statement by anyone or any organization but me. I regret that my expressing my personal opinion in public antagonizes anyone, but I reserve the right to do so.

For the record, I would like to reiterate that nothing contained in this thread is a statement by anyone or any organization but me.  I regret that my expressing my personal opinion in public antagonizes anyone, but I reserve the right to do so.

I haven't seen one objection that couldn't be resolved easily. Food menus, ATM's,

are minor and correctable. The big difference is how much the people in W/S, those with the power to bring something like this to their community, are bending over backwards to make this happen. Its refreshing to see the energy being put into it. Unlike some of the other communities, including Scranton, don't seem to care enough, if finals ever come back.

Thank you for your time!