Finals In Boston/Providence/Foxburo

As we all know very well, finals next weekend are in Boston/Providence/Foxburo...

If you are going to attend, are you gonna only watch the corps you want to watch, or sit through everbody and milk your tickets for what they are worth??

I dont know why, but I wouldn't really consider only watching a few corps as being an attendent at 05 finals. I think if you're gonna go you should watch and listen to what every corps has out there.

Any opinions?

I'm attending quarters and finals. And, yes, I will watch every single corps performing. This is my only chance of the year to see most of them. I don't really see it so much as milking the value of my tickets. I want to see them all!

We're also staying in town after DCI and doing touristy things.

Guest DrumCorpFan

I am going to quarters and semis only, but plan on watching all the corps. I haven't seen anything so I have no favorites at this point.

I am flying in thursday morning and will be in my seat prior to Kiwanis' performance and will only get up to clap loudly or stretch between corps. During intermissions I may take advantage of the restrooms and concession stands but will be in my seat prior to the first corps after intermission starts.

On friday I will repeat the process, and again on saturday.

So that will be 53 competitive corps performances viewed in 3 days (barring ties for 17th or 12th in qtrs & semis respectively) I will also watch any exhibition corps performing at any of these three shows.

My $215 will be money well spent and will average out to about $4 a performance (not counting exhibitions or extra performance due to cut line ties)

I'll be leaving NC at approximately 10:30pm on Thursday night..... I should arrive in Dedham MA sometime around 1pm (barring any unforeseen traffic...travelling at night shouldn't produce such log jams)

I will get to the hotel and check in (hopefully early, take a nap) and head to the stadium for Semis. After the show I will return to the hotel and sleep all night. Then I will go to Finals. ( dunno what I'm gonna do during the say on Saturday) We're leaving early Sunday for our long trip back to NC.

For those of you only planning on seeing the Division I corps, I highly recommend heading out to see at least one of the Division II/III shows. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality of performance, pride and dedication that each corps brings to the field. Unfortunately, they often have to do it before smaller crowds in smaller stadiums. That means you get a better seat, for a great price (and you probably won't even have to pay for parking!).

What am I gonna do? I'll tell ya.

I live twenty minutes from Gillette and the Blue Devils are stayin' a half mile down the street from me. I'll be at the school morning, noon, and night watching them practice. My son is really looking forward to seeing them and I'm telling my neighbors to get to the school during the week.

Have tix for all three nights with my brothers sitting at different levels and am looking forward to seeing and cheering for ALL the corps. Saw a show in early July so I'm interested in seeing the improvements in those corps, plus I'm interested in seeing every Div. I corps because the division is so competitive this year and I think they all should have our support with our attendance. Isn't this the greatest youth activity in the world?

Judging by these forums, it sounds like it's the most competitive year ever--so many corps jockeying for position.

Now please excuse me while I get my beauty rest so I can welcome BD when they pull in at 4:00 a.m.

Tim