Manchester NH Scores

just a question....

....does anybody know how the perfomance lineup order is chosen for these shows? ..or how far ahead they are chosen? They don't always seem to follow a 'reverse -order' (best last)..

.....just wondering

oh, and if anybody with a 'smart-phone' is going to be in NH tonight and wants to post scores....I would really appreciate it.

Rest of the Scores....

(Div II & III) Manchester SUMMER MUSIC GAMES, Manchester, NH

August 6, 2005

Place Corps Score

DIVISION II

1 East Coast Jazz 93.400

2 Spartans 93.100

3 Teal Sound 88.900

4 Impulse 88.575

5 Oregon Crusaders 86.275

6 Memphis Sound 85.525

DIVISION III

1 Taipei Yuehfu 86.875

2 Allegiance Elite 79.875

3 Pride of the Lions 78.275

4 Citations 73.750

5 Les Stentors 68.625

6 Cadets of New York City 67.400

7 Spirit of New Jersey 64.775

8 St. John's 64.125

9 7th Regiment 62.925

10 Targets 55.650

What's up with the scoring of OC going down while every single Div II went up by at least 2-3 points. I read awhile ago someone wrote that the judges didn't think OC :blink: knew what they were doing and so they wore their championship rings and did a great show. I wonder if their are some politics going on with these judges?

I can't believe a show as good as theirs wouldn't go up as well. Anyone got any ideas? We went from being 4th place to 8th place. Something is wrong with this picture!!

What's up with the scoring of OC going down while every single Div II went up by at least 2-3 points.  I read awhile ago someone wrote that the judges didn't think OC  :blink:  knew what they were doing and so they wore their championship rings and did a great show.  I wonder if their are some politics going on with these judges? 

I can't believe a show as good as theirs wouldn't go up as well.  Anyone got any ideas?  We went from being 4th place to 8th place.  Something is wrong with this picture!!

I thought it was a medal performance last night, but I can only play a stereo on a good day. Just know what I like.

just a question....

....does anybody know how the perfomance lineup order is chosen for these shows?  ..or how far ahead they are chosen?  They don't always seem to follow a 'reverse -order' (best last)..

.....just wondering

Thanks      :)

The order for these shows is determined by a draw for each division. I don't believe performance in past years was any factor, but I could be wrong. The draw was held in May.

Performance order for championship prelims is reverse order based on the average of the two focus shows (Michigan City/Newnan, GA and Manchester, NH).

What's up with the scoring of OC going down while every single Div II went up by at least 2-3 points.  I read awhile ago someone wrote that the judges didn't think OC  :blink:  knew what they were doing and so they wore their championship rings and did a great show.  I wonder if their are some politics going on with these judges? 

I can't believe a show as good as theirs wouldn't go up as well.  Anyone got any ideas?  We went from being 4th place to 8th place.  Something is wrong with this picture!!

I don't this it is the scoring with just OC, alot of corps of been going up and down lately. As corps start competing head to head with eachother with their finished and polished programs, anything can happen. The reality of moving up to Division 2 is that competition gets fierce as most of the corps seem to fall with a 10 point range. Even the bottom tier of Div 2 will score well (not only this year, but in the past this has been the case as well). With Divsion 3, that point range is much larger (20-30 points) with fierce competition developing between small groups of corps who are in the same scoring range.

ECJ, Spartans, Blue Stars, and Surf are seasoned vets in the 2/3 activity and know what needs to be done, and gets it done. I applaud these corps on the consistent competitive experience they are able to provide their members with.

The Div II scores from the two different shows were interesting. Blue stars, fever,jersey surf have all consistently been a couple of points ahead of OC. Tonight OC was ahead of all of them! Was that because those other 4 corps were at one show, and all got judged in the eighty's and all the other shows were at another show and all placed in the 90's. I wonder what the order would of been if they all were in the same show?

Do you think that would have changed things? :worthy: