Allentown Guard Scores

Okay, I'm not an expert, but can someone tell me how Crown guard could go from 3rd to 16th in one outing? Did anyone see them at Allentown? I saw them at Indy and they were fantastic. Their work is so much more difficult and their design elements good. What happened? What am I missing? I don't mean to offend anyone but....Blue Knights guard scored higher than Crown, what's going on?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer is simple...Debbie Torchia!! She totally dumped Regiment in visual in Casper and Colorguard the next night in Denver.

Don't worry about it, from what I've heard, last night was her last night of judging this year.

Carolina Crown's guard ROCKS!!!!!!!

Robert

The answer is simple...Debbie Torchia!!  She totally dumped Regiment in visual in Casper and Colorguard the next night in Denver.

Don't worry about it, from what I've heard, last night was her last night of judging this year.

Carolina Crown's guard ROCKS!!!!!!!

Robert

Geezus, makes you wonder about any of these judges qualifications.

Okay, I'm not an expert, but can someone tell me how Crown guard could go from 3rd to 16th in one outing? 

Unless I calculated incorrectly....I believe they slipped to 12th, not 16th.

Peace!

:blink:

Edited by decompressed

Geezus, makes you wonder about any of these judges qualifications.

Well, I am sure DCI does have their judges go through some type of Judge Training or Judge Academy before they are able to judge. And I am sure anyone who aspires to become a judge, usually has some background and expertiste in what they are judging. I'm not going to doubt their qualifications because they have to have that in order to get in the door. However, what one might want to question is "what are his or her standards?"-- I noticed Debbies scores were rather low for corps who should be placing higher in those captions too, but I am not doubting her qualifications as a judge.

Edited by ScadesBari

Debbie Torchia has been judging forever. I don't usually agree with her placements, she tends to have Blue Devils guard win every time she judges them, she taught in Boston winter guard with Jay Murphy way back in the early 80's.

One thing you can say about her is she never considers how the units have been placing prior to judging them.

I am shocked that she put SCV's guard over Carolina and Madison though.

Okay, I'm not an expert, but can someone tell me how Crown guard could go from 3rd to 16th in one outing?  Did anyone see them at Allentown?  I saw them at Indy and they were fantastic.  Their work is so much more difficult and their design elements good.  What happened?  What am I missing?  I don't mean to offend anyone but....Blue Knights guard scored higher than Crown, what's going on?

first they only dropped to 12th -dont exagerate.

second -blue knights guard was very very good.

third - the problems with the edudication system is there is personnel favorites and dislikes.

maybe the judge does not like crowns guard as much as others.

you dont complain when they get high GE scores ?

there show is tech. good but vey boring. yeta they get high EFFECT scores ?

just MY opinion.

by the way crowns gurd is very good.

Debbie Torchia has been judging forever.  I don't usually agree with her placements, she tends to have Blue Devils guard win every time she judges them, she taught in Boston winter guard with Jay Murphy way back in the early 80's.

One thing you can say about her is she never considers how the units have been placing prior to judging them.

I am shocked that she put SCV's guard over Carolina and Madison though.

Shouldnt you judge how a corps did that night, rather than where they have been ranked or placed all season? This might be why some people cry "slotting"-- because some judges do judge based on what they have seen or placed all season. I'd say it's fair if she is not considering where they were placed prior to judging them.. Her job is to judge what she sees that night, not the night before.

first they only dropped to 12th -dont exagerate.

second -blue knights guard was very very good.

third - the problems with the edudication system is there is personnel favorites and dislikes.

maybe the judge does not like crowns guard as much as others.

you dont complain when they get high  GE scores ?

there show is tech. good but vey boring. yeta they get high EFFECT scores ?

just MY opinion.

by the way crowns gurd is very good.

umm, you might want to not only check your spelling and grammar, buddy...

...but also your recaps...crown's GE scores suck. they aren't getting near what they should be.

and that debbie woman should be banned from DCI.

that is all. B)