Div II/III scores

Cap Sound went from technically being in 2nd place in Div. III with an 80 something to being in 7th with a 77 something. First of all, how did they drop?!? They have an excellent show, but somehow they managed to drop 2.2 points in just General Effect. I gues there show became less effective over the course of three days.

For the most corps everyone else continues to move upwards, and Capital Sound was doing that until the other day. Here are there scores..

New Brunswick, NJ - 77.75

Rome, NY - 75.9

Buffalo, NY - 80.50

Michigan City - 77.475 (at this show head to head they were 8 points ahead of Dutch Boy, 7 points ahead of Alligence, 6 points ahead of Pride of the Lions, 2 points ahead of Yamato, 1 point behind Raiders, and 5 points behind Tai Pei.)

Now...they are in 7th place..9points behind Tai Pei, 2 points behind Alligence, 1 point behind Pride of the Lions, 5 points behind Yamato, 5 points behind Revolution, and 7 points behind Raiders.

To me, this just really doesn't make sense that for the most part everyone else is moving up, but Capital Sound seems to have taken a step backwards????

I have seen there show and its great.

I know that not much stock can be placed until all the corps meet up against each other, and the judges are directly comparing each corps with the others...but come on. Judging should be a little more consistant than this. On August 1st, Cap Sound was 5 points ahead of Revolution at different contests, now Revolution has jumped from a 75 to an 82, while CS jumped from an 80 to a 77. Hmmm....

Can someone please explain this???

division 2/3 has extremely varying scores.

look at Tela Sounds scores for the year... they were HIGH, and then dropped really low.

so on and so forth.

~>conner

Well...

Keep in mind that this is the time of year when corps start competing head to head with their polished and finished programs.

And CS isn't the only corps experiencing this....

Dutch was 5 points ahead of Pride at their first meeting this season.

St. John's was 9 points above 7th Regiment in mid July. 7th, is now beating them consistently.

Citations were 5 points behind Raiders in mid July, now that gap is about 12 points.

As for the Canadian Corps that are surprising everyone (Dutch, Allegiance and Pride) Their tours just began a week or two ago and those where the first shows that they really had judges feedback on. Since then the corps have made many changes I would imagine. For example....I saw Dutch Boys show early July in Kingston at an exhibition and again in Kitchener last week. Same corps, same music....but the changes they made! WOW! It's like watching two different corps! Having seen Allegiance Elite in Kitchener last week, they are for real....nicely designed challeging program that is being executed well, with room for much improvement. I think they will surprise some people next week.

The only logical explaination that I have to offer is this (and its the judges....I have faith in them)

Perhaps Cap Sound is peaking early??? I know people will likely lash out at me for saying this, but its a possibility.

In 1997, at our first show of the season (St. John's) The Emerald Knights from Mississagua bested us by a couple points. This was late June. At DCI worlds in Orlando, we beat them by 20 + points in prelims and went onto finals. Alot of people said that Emerald peaked early that year in mid July.

Sorry meant to put "its NOT the judges" in the above post. EDIT.

Hey, I really didn't mean for this to come off like Cap Sound is getting screwed or what not. I do notice it in most Div II/III corps scores over time.

I guess I wouldn't have such a problem with Cap Sounds score if it stayed consistant, what I do have a problem with was the sudden drop in 5 points. I know I know..different judges.

I'll get over it I'm sure....just stunned. Thats it!

Good Luck to all the Div II/III corps out there!

Just think of it this way...

I have a shirt that reads Div II/III on the front, and "Nowhere to Hide" on the back.

Scores fluctuate because the smaller corps have more room for error. So it's very easy for one corps to have a good show day and a bad show day.

Personally, I think it's great seeing the corps's scores going all over the place like a roller coaster. It shows the reality of the activity and how important it is to have a good show by each individual in uniform.

Makes it more exciting too :)

Just think of it this way...

I have a shirt that reads Div II/III on the front, and "Nowhere to Hide" on the back.

Scores fluctuate because the smaller corps have more room for error.  So it's very easy for one corps to have a good show day and a bad show day.

Personally, I think it's great seeing the corps's scores going all over the place like a roller coaster.  It shows the reality of the activity and how important it is to have a good show by each individual in uniform.

Makes it more exciting too :)

Well, just heard that Cap Sound got a 76 tonight and Dutch Boy had a 77 or 78. I'm sorry, no offense to Dutch Boy, but this can seriuosly not be right.

I've seen Dutch Boy and they just don't have the show to be beating Cap Sound, not before, not now, not ever.

I think I may have to retract my statement about not thinking Cap Sound was getting screwed. This is just crazy!!

Cap Sound should be in the low to mid 80's at least.

This is absurd.

Well, just heard that Cap Sound got a 76 tonight and Dutch Boy had a 77 or 78.  I'm sorry, no offense to Dutch Boy, but this can seriuosly not be right. 

I've seen Dutch Boy and they just don't have the show to be beating Cap Sound, not before, not now, not ever.

I think I may have to retract my statement about not thinking Cap Sound was getting screwed.  This is just crazy!! 

Cap Sound should be in the low to mid 80's at least. 

This is absurd.

I'm beg to differ....When did you see Dutch Boy's show last?? They have a very challenging and crowd pleasing music and visual book, and now that they are starting to pull it off, they are getting credit for it. They were great when I saw them a week ago in Kitchener! Again...re-read my post from the other thread you started.