DCI's first overseas Champion?

I notice that Taipei Yuehfu has a real chance to win the D3 championship.  I know there have been some Canadian D2/3 champions before, but how about the first ever overseas champion?  That's quite an accomplishment if they are able to do it.

With no disrespect whatsoever to the Raiders, I really do believe that you will see this happen. I've been lucky enough to see the Raiders show several times this season and love it. Early on they were my pick to take D3. Taipei showed up and I wondered what was up with the scores. I caught their show last night and know what's up. They really put together a total package, and are executing almost flawlessly. I still have much respect for Raiders' show and can't wait to catch it again. I just happen to believe that Taipei may have an edge on them. Sat. will be a great show either way, and I plan to enjoy what all of the Corps bring to the table.

Taipei has always presented a competative and enjoyable show, and it looks like this year may be the year for them to take the spotlight.

SHould do some good for their activity back at home :)

Correct me if I'm wrong. Taipei is an international corps & normally they have some exceptions in their rules which allow them to compete in DCI. Unlike Canadian corps that follow all of DCI rules, the International corps have different rules on age restrictions & a few other things. My understanding was that corps who competed as International could not win the division championship, but was crowned the international champion..... I may have this totally wrong, but I am sure someone will correct me.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  Taipei is an international corps & normally they have some exceptions in their rules which allow them to compete in DCI.  Unlike Canadian corps that follow all of DCI rules, the International corps have different rules on age restrictions & a few other things.  My understanding was that corps who competed as International could not win the division championship, but was crowned the international champion.....  I may have this totally wrong, but I am sure someone will correct me.

Normally that is correct, but because Taipei follows DCI age limits, they are not an international corps this year, but just a normal Div III corps. So....they may very well become the first DCI Champs from over seas.

They only compete as an international corps if they are unable to follow all of DCI's guidelines. However, I was told that Taipei this year have met all guidelines and therefore was able to apply for division 3 status.

But we'll see come Saturday. Nothing wrong with a little competition outside the normal DCInternational corps.

They only compete as an international corps if they are unable to follow all of DCI's guidelines.  However, I was told that Taipei this year have met all guidelines and therefore was able to apply for division 3 status.

But we'll see come Saturday.  Nothing wrong with a little competition outside the normal DCInternational corps.

In most cases, I root for the "home team," meaning the good old U S of A. But it would be pretty cool to have a winner from overseas. I know when trying to explain Drum Corps competition to people that have no knowledge of the activity, they tend to roll their eyes sometimes when I say it's "international." Having Taipei win D3 would be proof that Drum Corps International is more than just a phrase.

OTOH, it's not like I was rooting for Yamato over :worthy::huh::huh: The Oregon Crusaders :huh::huh::worthy: last year. My wish for international brotherhood only goes so far. :worthy:

I am a veteran rom Taipei Yuehfu in 2002.

Actually we won the third place in Div III, but as a result, we can't bring the Brwon Medal home.

For we are International Corps rather a normal member in Div III.

However, this year, we are ready to go back to the filed.

And show our determination to follow up all the guidelines of DCI.

Hopefully we can have the chance to strive into the final night.

^0^

Sorry....my money is on the Raiders!

Howdy!

At this point...

I'd say Taipei Yuehfu looks pretty good...

To take the gold... ^OO^

It's lookin' like I picked the wrong Asian corps... :beer:

'Til later... B)