Credit Where it's Due

1. Crown is very good. They have one of the prettiest brass sounds around. Maybe it's the Lutheran in me talking. Too bad they alienated so many with the Donnie & Marie act.

2. Crossmen and Magic have cleaned up their shows more than I ever thought they could. Too bad the slots were already set.

3. The Glassmen are doing everything possible to reach out to their supporters. The Beth and Rod show is really working.

4. Carmen is the best Madison show I've ever seen. Period.

It's too bad that Colts, Spirit and Glassmen can't be given credit for cleaning their shows also.

I don't disagree with the slotting theory - as far as it goes.. But any of these corps could go up or down the few points that it would take to knock them out, or bring them into finals - depending on their performances in quarters and semis.

4. Carmen is the best Madison show I've ever seen. Period.

If thats the best Madison show you've ever seen......WELCOME TO THE ACTIVITY!! Everyone likes newcomers! Please stick around and enjoy, and don't get discouraged by all the talk of Amps, Mics, and Bb Horns. :sshh:

And when you get a chance, all vetran Drum Corps show attendees enjoy watching DVD's from the likes of 1995, 1997, 1988, 1989, etc. B)

1. Crown is very good. They have one of the prettiest brass sounds around. Maybe it's the Lutheran in me talking.

Since DCI didn't approve LOUD pipe organs I'll have to check this out.... :P

Only time I saw Crown was Hershey in 2003 and agree on enjoying the brass blend. Must be the Lutheran in me also....

If thats the best Madison show you've ever seen......WELCOME TO THE ACTIVITY!!  Everyone likes newcomers! Please stick around and enjoy, and don't get discouraged  by all the talk of Amps, Mics, and Bb Horns.  :sshh:

And when you get a chance, all vetran Drum Corps show attendees enjoy watching DVD's from the likes of 1995, 1997, 1988, 1989, etc.  B)

Actually, I liked the 1962 show at championships in Minneapolis. Don't have a DVD, but I do have the Fleetwood record. I guess my REAL favorite show should by the 1967 show in the West Point uniforms. They were re-building and our lowly Miami Vanguards beat them. 1975 was cool, but I thought Vanguard had closed the gap at finals..............

But even without a BeeGee's tune, Carmen still does it for me.

It's too bad that Colts, Spirit and Glassmen can't be given credit for cleaning their shows also.

I don't disagree with the slotting theory - as far as it goes.. But any of these corps could go up or down the few  points that it would take to knock them out, or bring them into finals - depending on their performances in quarters and semis.

I didn't see those shows this weekend for various reasons, but I'd assume they have all improved over the season. I can say that Glassmen came out in mid-season form and might have peaked too soon. I was looking at the recaps and they seem to be hurting in brass captions. That's where they were strongest early on, so I'm assuming that their score is pretty much maxed out (not saying I agree with that just that it's the only logical explanation for their treading water).

I agree that the Colts, Glassmen, and Spirit have definitely cleaned their shows, as well as all of the other corps. I have the feeling that the MiamiSun76 may not have seen these corps all season long, thus not mentioning them with Xmen and Magic. One thing that is noticeable is that there have been more postings this year regarding Xmen not making finals since they have been in the 13th/14th position much of the season. So with their late start, and knowing how amazing the Xmen really are, the cleaning may be alot more noticeable than other corps. Magic has also started out slow the last couple of years, and started to come out strong towards the end of the season. Whereas Colts Glassmen and Spirit have started strong this year, and have stayed more consistent. But all these corps are definitely improved over several weeks ago.

And I definitely disagree with the assessment that the person who thinks this is Madison's best show is new to the activity. Everyone enjoys different things, and I myself personally love this year's show. It is in my top 5 Madison shows of all time, along with 99, 97, 95,and 88. And I could see where it could easily be someone's favorite.

Actually, I liked the 1962 show at championships in Minneapolis. Don't have a DVD, but I do have the Fleetwood record. I guess my REAL favorite show should by the 1967 show in the West Point uniforms. They were re-building and our lowly Miami Vanguards beat them. 1975 was cool, but I thought Vanguard had closed the gap at finals..............

But even without a BeeGee's tune, Carmen still does it for me.

NICE COMEBACK!!

:blink::blink: