Excelsior Happenings

Hi folks,

Sorry I haven't posted in recent weeks about Excelsior happenings -- I was somewhat distracted. My head had cleared a bit now. We are still here and moving Ever Upwards!

Excelsior had a busy weekend. We had a parade on Saturday in Schodack Landing. Following the parade, many went to see the Kingston show which was again a GREAT show. I particularly loved Carolina's show and Bush was smoking -- loved it (HI DEBBIE AND RICKY). Can't wait to see the fight to the finish. On top of the great drum corps show, we had a chance to see some old friends, and make a few new ones. The weather was GREAT. NO BUGS :blink: FUN. FUN FUN.

We had another parade in Schylerville, NY today (Home of a great drum corps of the past -- the Green Sabres. The parade was great. The audience was great. And we were treated very well. Definitely a re-book if offered. After the parade, some were off to the DCI shows. Wow, an overdose of drum corps for sure this weekend (if that is possible :blink: ).

Some more recent Excelsior news is that we have outfitted the drum line with all new Yamaha drums. We started with the base line, purchased 8 new snares, and have tenors on the way. We have made several horn purchases including 4 more contras from Carolina Gold last night. This brings the corps owned horns to 33 (many choose to use their own). We will look to upgrade horns as opportunities present themselves. We have purchased summer uniforms that have served us well -- great comments from many. There were a lot of other purchases to outfit the A-section and guard. All good. Thanks to the membership for making this all possible. Their hard work makes this happen, period. dot. dot.

In short, what I am trying to say is it's been a great year for Excelior's first year out there. I am not trying to brag or throw hype out there -- what I have posted before on this board is not hype -- trust me. We have done a lot and we are not stopping. Everyone is pumped and next year is promising. We are starting to bring our Color Guard together with a new extremely talented instructor with a boat load of experience. Several new horn players were picked up today, ironically, 2 contra players. Old friends are coming back --- why? Because they see that it is real. We have started from absolutely nothing and I can honestly say everyone has done a great job in getting us where we are now. But no one is interested in stopping here. People are pumped and ready to bring this corps ever upwards. We are serious and want to bring an extremely successful corps back to the Albany/Pittsfield/Capital District area.

The door is open and we will welcome anyone that is interested in helping us reach our goals -- together -- grass roots effort. We will probably set higher and higher goals trying to push Excelsior ever upwards. I am pledging now to do whatever I can to push us further. I am asking that if you have any interest, stop by one of our rehearsals. Feel free to bring your weapon with you (FLAG HORN DRUM SUPPORT SKILLS THAT IS :blink: ) and try it. That's all we can ask. Hope to see many new faces :) :music: B) b**bs :) in September. Will you be one? Hope so.

============

Excelsior will be in Bennington Vt. next Sunday for a parade. If you are near that area, stop by and ask for me...I would like to say Hi and chat. (I love to CHAT :sshh: )

I am working on booking Excelsior for a parade in Montreal next summer.

Hope to do a few other BIG CITY parades --- BOSTON, NY, CHICAGO (and I hope to get to see some friends in the midwest....maybe some friends in the Carolinas??? all cool stuff ... all interesting stuff....more to come on this later.

But for now, keep us in mind. We would love to have you with us.

Rehearsal Wednesday night

Waterford-Halfmoon High School

Waterford, NY

7:00-9:30 pm

Parade Sunday in Bennington Vermont.

Check the website out : www.excelsiordrumcorps.org for more information.

See everyone is Scranton -- Look for the X shirts, stop one of us, and chat :sshh: b**bs

EXCELSIOR --- EVER UPWARDS!!!!!

COME JOIN US --- IT WILL BE FUN!!!

Dano b**bs

Edited by skymello2

Dano,

The statement on the title "This was a busy weekend" reminded me of the 1959 Interstatesmen number of "Little Man You've Had A Busy Day." I would bet that most users of this forum have never heard this Interstatesmen selection, but as a rare treat for those who care enough to follow this thread, they can listen to it by clicking the following link:

Little Man You've Had A Busy Day B)

Joe

Historical Note: It was in the fall of 1958 that the Empire State Grenadiers and Berkshire Marauders merged to become the Interstatesmen. So this recording was from the first year that Interstatesmen existed. They later went on to become charter members of DCA. With the determination held by many members of Excelsior, they will undoubtedly follow by one day bringing the Upstate New York and Berkshire Region back into the DCA family.

new pics on the web site of parades?

Joe,

There are no recent photos on the website except for what you see on the main page. During the summer I'm at camp working on an extremely slow dialup connection - usually about 21.0. Photos would be impractical for me to work with because of this.

However, I do have a poster setup at www.cafepress.com/excelsiorcorps using a parade photo from one of our first parades. You can view it at http://www.cafepress.com/excelsiorcorps.17106798

If anyone from Excelsior can share some pictures they may have online..please share.

thanks

Dano

JOE, nice memories !!!!

Came in loud and clear........

Here is another short treat for our loyal Excelsior readers and fans! B)

On Saturday prior to the DCA Show in Kingston, Excelsior was in a parade as mentioned in post 1 of this thread. Excelsior Drum & Bugle Corps was captured in a short video offered by Albany's Capital News 9 on their website.

To view this short clip go to the following website and in the "Fire Company Celebrates 50th" click the watch the video play button.

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/headli...=33&ArID=143575