the starts of shows

I saw every open corps at Allentown......one thing I have noticed about programming......nearly every (if not every if I remember correctly)corps starts their show either....

(1) slow

(2) soft

(3) backfield

(4) fast, but quiet

(4) percussion

Also, sometimes these "beginnings" seem quite long to get going..........

Why do I bring it up? It actually has become somewhat predictable......Imagine if the drum major conducted 4 fast, quiet counts and the corps turned and "hit it" on all 8 cylinders immediately.....SURPRISE!!!!!! My point is that you don't have to stick to the above predictable formula.........a "unique start" will grab your audience's attention more than what has been done to death.......just an observation.........

I agree... I need to watch Madison 2001.

I guess soft is the new loud. :P

I agree a little more variety would be nice, maybe next year we'll have another BD '96 moment.

I saw every open corps at Allentown......one thing I have noticed about programming......nearly every (if not every if I remember correctly)corps starts their show either....

(1) slow

(2) soft

(3) backfield

(4) fast, but quiet

(4) percussion

Also, sometimes these "beginnings" seem quite long to get going..........

Why do I bring it up?  It actually has become somewhat predictable......Imagine if the drum major conducted 4 fast, quiet counts and the corps turned and "hit it" on all 8 cylinders immediately.....SURPRISE!!!!!!  My point is that you don't have to stick to the above predictable formula.........a "unique start" will grab your audience's attention more than what has been done to death.......just an observation.........

For a Suprise!!! Opening.........Cavaliers 2000!

Why do I bring it up?  It actually has become somewhat predictable......Imagine if the drum major conducted 4 fast, quiet counts and the corps turned and "hit it" on all 8 cylinders immediately.....SURPRISE!!!!!!  My point is that you don't have to stick to the above predictable formula.........a "unique start" will grab your audience's attention more than what has been done to death.......just an observation.........

And maybe the fans would sit on their hands less. Check out '86 Cavaliers and especially '92. POW!!! Playin' and movin' from the first note.

2002 Phantom comes to mind....

2002 Regiment definately comes to mind

doesn't BD's show start on an impact? unless they changed it. Glassmen is an impact as well. I'm sure there are more, but i'm tired right now.