DCI future locations?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't a number of fans complain about the acoustics of the Rose bowl during the tourn. of champions in 2004???

The rule you are refering to, which is set up by U.I.L. down here in Texas, is that bands may not practice outside of school for more than 8 and a half hours a week.  Still, 100 degree heat is 100 degree heat.  And yes, marching corps was harder.

Again I say, explain Spirit.

I can't explain Spirit as you ask but I can tell you that if championships are in Texas in August me and a lot of other "softies" won't go. You have a lot of drive and I can understand your desire but I don't think you're winning anybody over by calling them soft, etc... <**>

Seattle in August is AWESOME!

And for those who believe that it rains all of the time in Seattle, think again. Check out the average rainfall for Foxboro,MA and Madison, WI in August:

Foxboro Average Temps and Rainfall

Madison Average Temps and Rainfall

Now, compare them to Seattle, WA in August:

Seattle Average Temps and Rainfall

Seattle gets approximately 1 inch of rain in August, as opposed to Foxboro and Madison which get approximately 4 inches. It's gorgeous in Seattle in August...lots to do, beautful weather, beautiful scenery.

Please, please, please, DCI, have finals here someday!

It is hot in the South, but they always have the competition in Murfreesboro, maybe keep it in Tennessee or North Georgia.

I think that the Papa John's stadium in Louisville, KY or Commonwealth Stadium in Lexington, KY would be nice finals venues.

That would be 'technically' south and within a six hour drive for me.....yet still not terribly far from many, many midwestern fans........and with all those DI Ohio corps.......Yowza, Yowza, Yowza.

David

Yes, and if you'll notice my post above I say it hasn't been down here since 93.  Its been too long.

And the last time it was in California was?

Say it with me now.........................

NEVER!

Rocketman - So. Cal or Bust

ampssuck

ALL I Can say is. . . . . CINCINNATI !!!!!! Come on, awesome city, awesome stadium, three D1 Corps in the state, central location, I think that it would be an excellent place for finals in years to come. CINCINNATI 2008. . . .Div. 2 and three championships could be at U of cinci. . . .awesome drum corps venue for any that have not been. Cincinnati, come on you know you wanna!

ALL I Can say is. . . . .  CINCINNATI !!!!!!    Come on, awesome city, awesome stadium, three D1 Corps in the state, central location, I think that it would be an excellent place for finals in years to come. CINCINNATI 2008. . . .Div. 2 and three championships could be at U of cinci. . .  .awesome drum corps venue for any that have not been. Cincinnati, come on you know you wanna!

I'm all for this I think Cinci would be a great venue. And the New Turf in the stadium will stay green and not show any wear. It will look great on the DVD's and ESPN broadcast