Where would you go for DCA Finals

It seems the whole idea of Winston-Salem bidding on DCA Finals next year has caused a lot of commotion here in DCPlanet. I don't think a lot of people could speak for me in this interent venue maybe with the exception of Jeff Ream, but I am a huge fan of DCA. I used to be of DCI also, but the amps kept me away until last Saturday, then the horrible products I witnessed will keep me away forever (totally different topic for another area) so DCA is now my drum corps fix 100%.

What I would like to see here, as a lot of the posting people on here are solid DCA Fans, is the following questions answered, and I will get the ball rolling.

Let's assume the choices are Winston-Salem, Syracuse and Hershey.

1. Where are you from?

2. How many of the three choices would you attend finals in if they are held there next year.

3. Why?

For me, the answers would be,

1. Northeastern Pennsylvania, across river from Wilkes-Barre.

2. I would attend Hershey or Syracuse

3. Despite my extreme appreciation and enjoyment of DCA, NC is too far a trip for me for one weekend. As a local band director, I am commited to Friday night football game the day before prelims. Quite frankly, I am not the greatest when it comes to night driving which I would probably have to do some on a busy holiday weekend. To do that kind of trip and be refreshed for the upcoming week of school, marching band practice and anything else that comes my way, it's just too far for me for one weekend.

Let's hope this stays on topic. I would ask that corps members not participate because if you're marching, you kind of have to go wherever it is, but if you don't plan on marching next year, answer away.

Adam Burdett

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. High Point, NC

2. Any of the three choices listed.

3. 'Cause DCA is my new drum corp fix now and it kicks ###. I'll follow it wherever, but I can't really say it wouldn't be cool to only be 20 minutes away from Finals in Winston-Salem. :)

Glad to see there's another new fan here besides me... (recent convert at the Winston-Salem show)

ok i read the post more carefully so I am editing it:

1. Midwestern Ontario

2. Anywhere that is within driving distance (relative to venue and vague I know): no more than 10-12 hours from Buffalo or Detroit.

Syracuse Y

Hershey most likely

W/S most likely

3. The product that the DCA corps put on the field is AWSOME as well as the fact I really dig all the Alumni corps stuff, I have seent the photo's, read the articles, home movies and records from alot of that era, my father and mother both marched in corps in the 60's and although I do love the modern day drum corps thing (yes even DCI) I reallly dig all the alumni stuff. Is it possible to just love every drum corps and association on some level, is there a fan club for this cause if there is please sign me up.

Edited by CanadianDirector

Hey Bawker, sure you advertise where you are from, cause alot of us fans could become your friends real quick, 20 mins away, I have slept on enough gym floors in my life someone's living room wouldn't kill me on second thought it would when I tell my wife where she is spending her vacation.

Sorry off topic

Heh.

I have four bedrooms here; maybe I can set up a bed and breakfast Finals week. :P

Edited by bawker

I am from Rochester NY

I will only be able to attend next year if it were in Syracuse. If it were any other year including this year I wouldn't mind any of the choices

The reason is I am in a friends wedding that weekend and will need to leave on Sunday morning for wherever the competition is held. Syracuse is the only option for me in 2006

alot of it depends on my son's schedule. i won't know that for sure until about this time next year.

ideally because of that i'd prefer something within the 5 hour drive vs. 10+.

if it is that there is no way in hades he'd be going i'd fly to NC, preferable to driving IMO as i was completely dead at work the following day from the trip this year.