Where would you go for DCA Finals

I really love people's reasons for not wanting it to leave the North East when the reason they give is "It's too far away for a weekend trip".

I guess "F the rest of the country" is a good enough answer.

I mean... if the question is asked for what's best for *YOU*...then ok. But if we're going to be concerned about the growth of DCA...you have to put your little "Wahhhh it's too far away for me" reasoning.

Little bird whispering in your ear "Pssst....the majority of DCA corps are NOT from the North East anymore".

PS. "YOU" and "YOUR" are meant in general terms and not towards anyone in particular.

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa ~ comments like that don't help or add to the conversation of what this thread is about.

re-read the title of the thread and the original poster's request. comments from fans ~ not marching members were requested.

while it's great that members have a say in all the other threads please leave this one to the fans to comment on, because ultimately we are the ones who manage to keep DCA running.

PS those of us who live in the north east don't consider PA to be the north east. it is considered a mid-atlantic state. if you look up PA map-wise it is considered the same on many of them too.

Edited by LegalEagle50

Not as bad as I expected on W-S..... About a two hour drive from my Brother in Laws family in Raleigh. Would probably take a few extra days off and combine a crappy drive past DC and Richmond. Never been in W-S so cool for me....

Syracuse - shorter drive but don;t know what's in the area.

Hershey - DCA better get a air tight contract with HERCO as that's a busy weekend at the Park. Wonder what I can get to rent out our spare bedroom.. ^0^

PS those of us who live in the north east don't consider PA to be the north east.  it is considered a mid-atlantic state.  if you look up PA map-wise it is considered the same on many of them too.

And yet, most people in PA consider themselves to be in the Northeast - go figure.

Appreciate your opinion Liz, but this is splitting very fine hairs.

And I responded to this thread because I think it very important to consider the fans we, as marching members, bring with us. A fairly more significant population than any local fan base, I would guess.

I really love people's reasons for not wanting it to leave the North East when the reason they give is "It's too far away for a weekend trip".

I guess "F the rest of the country" is a good enough answer. 

I mean... if the question is asked for what's best for *YOU*...then ok.  But if we're going to be concerned about the growth of DCA...you have to put your little "Wahhhh it's too far away for me" reasoning.

Little bird whispering in your ear  "Pssst....the majority of DCA corps are NOT from the North East anymore".

PS.  "YOU" and "YOUR" are meant in general terms and not towards anyone in particular.

I guess "F the rest of the country" is a good enough answer. where does it say that? This thread is about where would you go...... It gave 3 choices

Pssst....the majority of DCA corps are NOT from the North East anymore".

but the majority of dca shows are :P

relax and let dca settle where it will be

And yet, most people in PA consider themselves to be in the Northeast - go figure.

Appreciate your opinion Liz, but this is splitting very fine hairs.

And I responded to this thread because I think it very important to consider the fans we, as marching members, bring with us.  A fairly more significant population than any local fan base, I would guess.

just as much of a generalization as F the rest of the country wouldn't you say? :worthy:

Burdetsky said: "...but if you don't plan on marching next year, answer away."

Does this give me a pass into the conversation, Liz? :P

Besides, if corps start having troubles existing because the majority of the shows are in the NE, I'd say...corps either stop going to the shows AND/OR stop existing, the fan base could and would get depleted = bad for DCA. So perhaps people should be concerned about what corps people have to say about where finals (and other shows) should be.

My comments were more towards, other than "It would be too far away for me because of <insert issue here>" or "People aren't going to go to the show and the numbers will be low becuase it's too far away because of <insert issue here> I haven't heard a compelling reason of WHY the dca finals should stay in the NE.

If you re-read my answer, I said if you are answering from a standpoint of what is best for YOU....then that is fine. But if you are answering from a standpoint of what's best for DCA, you have to think beyond "anything south of PA is too far away for for me because I have <insert issue here>" as the rest of the country has those issues as well, but they manage to get to the NE. That is where the "F the rest of the country" comment comes into play.

I've really said all I can on the matter. Hopefully, the powers that be at DCA wil realize that there will be X number of people that are butthurt if DCA is somewhere other than the NE. They'll "boycot", they'll call for others to boycot. The numbers might be low for a year or two. But for reasons that have been listed ad infinitum, you either grow or die. Period.

And from everyone I've asked, PA is considered the southern part of the NE. :)

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa