Where would you go for DCA Finals

West Chester, PA

Hershey...would have been really nice for me, less than 2 hours away

Syracuse...that I could do, it's about 4 hours away.

Winston Salem...it'll really depend on if I have the money to do it.

Where should DCA have it? I really don't care. Wherever is best for the growth of the circuit.

If Winston Salem is the best place to have it to ensure the growth of the circuit, I'll be the first to applaud.

So Lisa, if I say that I may not go to Winston Salem, I'm saying it in answering the question "what's best for you", not "what's best for the circuit". If it's best for me not to go to Winston Salem, then I won't go. I love DCA to death, but I'm not going to go broke traveling to finals or lose my house to support it.

And for those who say it's not about money, it's about planning and saving, I can see your point, but it helps a lot more when you're actually making some money to put away for trips. I work part-time and go to school full-time. Between paying for my own health insurance and transportation, there's not much to save.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love people's reasons for not wanting it to leave the North East when the reason they give is "It's too far away for a weekend trip".

I guess "F the rest of the country" is a good enough answer. 

I mean... if the question is asked for what's best for *YOU*...then ok.  But if we're going to be concerned about the growth of DCA...you have to put your little "Wahhhh it's too far away for me" reasoning.

Little bird whispering in your ear   "Pssst....the majority of DCA corps are NOT from the North East anymore".

PS.  "YOU" and "YOUR" are meant in general terms and not towards anyone in particular.

AMEN Lisa!!! Right there with you.

I'd go wherever as well. Been doing it from ATL for 9 years now.

Edited by JeffP

So Lisa, if I say that I may not go to Winston Salem, I'm saying it in answering the question "what's best for you", not "what's best for the circuit". If it's best for me not to go to Winston Salem, then I won't go. I love DCA to death, but I'm not going to go broke traveling to finals or lose my house to support it.

And for those who say it's not about money, it's about planning and saving, I can see your point, but it helps a lot more when you're actually making some money to put away for trips. I work part-time and go to school full-time. Between paying for my own health insurance and transportation, there's not much to save.

You're talking to someone that lives on the complete opposite side of the country. I TOTALLY understand that when it comes to answering for yourself, I'd love to say "Have DCA in San Francisco"...so I TOTALLY get the whole "if it's too far away, I can't afford to go".

B)

later: I would just like to call a point of order: I don't normally say "Totally" so much. I realize I'm from california and it's easy to believe that I do.... but I don't...

I have no idea nor plausible excuse as to where that came from.

Totally.

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

Friday

it came from the fact it is Friday :)

I live on the coast of South Carolina. I will go back to Scranton, and Hershey would be okay, but Winston Salem would be my first choice. With the price of gas, the closer the location,the better. I do like the idea of moving it to San Francisco. Just imagine being in "RENEGADE COUNTRY". Maybe in 200"7"

I live on the coast of South Carolina. I will go back to Scranton, and Hershey would be okay, but Winston Salem would be my first choice. With the price of gas, the closer the location,the better. I do like the idea of moving it to San Francisco. Just imagine being in "RENEGADE COUNTRY". Maybe in 200"7"

day trip to Napa Valley!

/wine nerd :)

Call me stupid ... and even feel free to send me hate mail for expressing my opinion on this topic ... but I think this choice should solely be dictated on whatever will expand the fan base of DCA.

If I had a choice between winning DCA five times in a row ... or seeing 25,000 fans in the stands and having our corps all become famous ... you wouldn't see a medal around my neck.

Edited by drumlaw80

Understood!

How anybody can survive in the Bay Area with that cost of living is beyond this PA mountains born and bred girl. My parents get sticker shock coming down to visit me outside of Philly. The other side of the country would probably blow our collective minds!

I tip my cap to all of you that are able to march out there and fly to come out to the East Coast for finals every year. If I lived out there, I don't think I could do it (although I hear the court stenographers make sick money out in California).

So 'nuff respect to you folks,

Totally (didn't want you to feel alone on the "totally" thing! :) )

You're talking to someone that lives on the complete opposite side of the country.  I TOTALLY understand that when it comes to answering for yourself, I'd love to say "Have DCA in San Francisco"...so I TOTALLY get the whole "if it's too far away, I can't afford to go". 

B)

later:  I would just like to call a point of order:  I don't normally say "Totally" so much.  I realize I'm from california and it's easy to believe that I do.... but I don't...

I have no idea nor plausible excuse as to where that came from.

Totally.

1) York, PA (south of Hbg)

2) Any of the three

3) Two are relatively close, and the third will be a nice place to spend a weekend. Plus, I'm hooked now.