Better bring your Visa Gold Card

The city of Foxboro charges an additional $2 per seat, each night(3), all seats start at $20. $25 dollars to park, $50 dollars for RV parking (Gillette stadium does not allow overnight parking for RV's).

Hotels average $150 per night, Cab rides from the airport to the stadium are $100 dollars...

This isnt including food and drink.....geezz you better have a big wallet to attend this years DCI, your going to need it.

You guys think Winston-Salem is a too far, maybe you should spend your weekend in Foxboro and compare....

B)

MUZ

Edited by muzzicman1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's definitely not a causal weekend out anymore to do DCI Finals.

Luckily, if DCA does indeed go to Winston-Salem, there will be plenty....and I mean plenty of hotels in the Greensboro, W-S and High Point area that are relatively affordable.

Yeah, it's definitely not a causal weekend out anymore to do DCI Finals.

Luckily, if DCA does indeed go to Winston-Salem, there will be plenty....and I mean plenty of hotels in the Greensboro, W-S and High Point area that are relatively affordable.

Until they figure out that many people are going to be in town.......if I had to pay 162 a night for a dumpy two bed Hampton Inn in Danville, Pa.....I am sure the folks in NC will catch wind. Of course, I only paid 47 for a Knights Inn in Murfreesboro for that great DCI show, so maybe the South won't gauge like the North:)

PS.....don't wear Cavaliers Unis while holding Woodwinds......you just may kill somebody.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, GA.

The city of Foxboro charges and additional $2 per seat for each night, all seats start at $20. $25 dollars to park, $50 dollars for RV parking (Gillette stadium does not allow overnight parking for RV's).

Hotels average $150 per night, Cab rides from the airport to the stadium is $100 dollars...

This isnt including food and drink.....geezz you better have a big wallet to attend this years DCI, your going to need it.

You guys think Winston-Salem is a too far, maybe you should spend your weekend in Foxboro and compare....

B)

MUZ

Try living here and afford a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a Boston resident none of this shocks us any more,

a studio in the city will run you 1/2 million with no parking. And good luck fighting for a space on the street after 5:00 at night, it's war.

Also, the hotels in Boston are the most expensive in the country along with San Francisco and NYC.

But ask any of us who live here and we are willing to put up with it because we love it, probably a little sadist of us but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in this country.

But when visitors come from other parts of the country they deal with sticker shock. It's unfortunate but I would rather pay up the kazoo then live somewhere like.....Biloxi.

hello, major market w/pro sports teams= inflated prices to pay for stadiums

i didn't find the rooms for near the Foxboro show to be out of line with what i was looking to pay in Maryland or Orlando.

Marriott Quincy Mass. was $109/night ~ same as I paid last summer for a weekend in Boston. Quincy is right on the T so easy access to Boston and about 15 miles to Foxboro and less than 30 to Providence.

INSIDE Boston appeared to be as expensive as normal and i found that Providence hiked up their rates for this weekend. BUT in Providence's defense this is the weekend of the Newport Jazz Fest as well. http://www.festivalproductions.net/05/jvcjazz/newpsch.php

normally my long RI weekend at the Marriot cost about $129/night, in searching for this year i found it the Marriott to be anywhere from $179-$250/night and the Courtyard Marriott which is usually about $109 was running at $189-$209/night. while the DCA show usually coincides with the Newport Folk Fest, (first weekend in August), the Folk Fest doesn't bring in the crowds the way the Jazz Fest does. rooms in the immediate Newport area are very expensive at anytime during the summer so Providence gets the overflow, and they capitalize on it, just like any business would.

i don't know what people from other parts of the country are expecting for room prices. you aren't going to find anything up here in the NE area (especially if it is near the coast) during the summer for less than $75/night and usually you will pay more than that if you are looking for something nice (pool, jacuzzi, internet access, breakfast, etc.).

the parking fee for the stadium is more than i am used to for any DCI finals. i will say that.

DCI finals week hasn't been a cheap trip in a while. this year shouldn't seem any different aside from the parking fee being higher than normal. i didn't do a calculation for Denver last year but i've looked into going every year aside from that.