Better bring your Visa Gold Card

Courtyard Marriott - Woburn MA

2 double beds - AAA rate is $85.50/night

1 queen bed - AAA rate is $76.50/night

:)

We stayed here for the WGI Boston regional back in March - very nice hotel and about 10 minutes from Boston. Not too far from Foxboro as well.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that the Hampton Inn in Danville even knew that a drum corps show was nearby. I'm willing to bet that you got caught up in the summer rate-jack because of being close to Knoebles Grove amusement park on a weekend.

If you go to the Lewisburg show next year, I recommend staying in South Williamsport or Williamsport. It's about a half-hour north of Lewisburg, but the rates are much better. The motels in South Williamsport are kind of dumpy, but it's well under $100 a night. Williamsport runs around $100 a night, depending on where you're at.

Check it out next time, unless it's like 2003, when the show was the same weekend as the Little League World Series. Then you won't be able to find a room at all, much less anything reasonable. That event's a cash cow for all of North-Central PA, because it's the only thing that happens all year (I know because I suffered through a childhood in South Williamsport).

Just checked out some rates:

If you've got AAA membership, you can stay in the Quality Inn in South Williamsport for $55 a night. The Ridgeview across the street is $53 a night maximum. It's a very small motel, but the rooms have been redone, and you can't beat the view of the Little League World Series stadium right below you. All of the motels in Williamsport run in the $80 to $100 range, but construction on the bridges will make it tough to get to them.

Closer to the stadium, but still north of Lewisburg, you can stay at the Northwood Inn for under $50 a night. It's another small strip of a motel, and looks old because it is old. But I've been told by people who've stayed there that the rooms are immaculate and don't let the outside appearance fool you.

And people in that area definitely won't know there's a drum corps show going on in town, trust me on this one. You should never have to pay $162 a night for anything in north-central PA. Nothing up there's worth that kind of money, IMHO!

Until they figure out that many people are going to be in town.......if I had to pay 162 a night for a dumpy two bed Hampton Inn in Danville, Pa.....I am sure the folks in NC will catch wind.  Of course, I only paid 47 for a Knights Inn in Murfreesboro for that great DCI show, so maybe the South won't gauge like the North:)

PS.....don't wear Cavaliers Unis while holding Woodwinds......you just may kill somebody.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, GA.

Edited by Senagod

The city of Foxboro charges an additional $2 per seat, each night(3), all seats start at $20. $25 dollars to park, $50 dollars for RV parking (Gillette stadium does not allow overnight parking for RV's).

Hotels average $150 per night, Cab rides from the airport to the stadium are $100 dollars...

This isnt including food and drink.....geezz you better have a big wallet to attend this years DCI, your going to need it.

You guys think Winston-Salem is a too far, maybe you should spend your weekend in Foxboro and compare....

B)

MUZ

Knowing the financial and distance challenges that fans have experienced in Scranton, WINSTON-SALEM included (in the official bid)negotiated hotel room rates at nearly 15 hotels. Furthest distance from any of the preferred hotels to Grove Stadium is 11 miles...with 80% of the rooms within 6 miles! Average rate for all hotels $79.00

for Lewisburg, also check out the hotels in Shamokin Dam, about 10 minutes south of the stadium on 11/15

This whole hotel thread escaped me somehow.

Just a point of informaiton...

After Saturday rehearsal in W/S, a few of us just needed a shower. We went about 1/4 mile from the stadium (the corner by the Pizza Hut & iHop) and got us a room for the night at $88.

They had quite a few openings too. Sure, they were renovating, but we were still able to get a great room at a good price.

(just FYI).

Our hotel (again, Courtyard Marriott) in W-S was $68.00/ night.

VERY reasonable. And VERY nice. And VERY close to everywhere we needed to go that weekend. :)

For this price, I assume the parking costs include checking the oil, tire pressure, and washing the windshield?  Holy CRAP!!!

Yes. Those who came to park at Gillette Stadium for DCI Championships payed $25 to park. If you went to Quarters, Semi's and Finals, that's 75 bucks. We in Mass. called it the DCI " park and bark ". Fortunately for me, I knew the area. 'Parked less than a mile from the stadium at a Papa Gino's and walked to the front gate for the Quarters and Semi's with some friends. Finals night,' went with the wife, and forked over the 25 bucks. It was steep. 7 bucks for a beer. too. The good news though was that for 40 bucks at Semi's you got to see 17 corps and you could watch the show from the fifty or go above to the massive air conditioned clubhouse that ran from end zone to end zone and was deep and wide. Clubhouse was spectacular.... You could even watch the corps live on the clubhouse 's dozens of .tv monitors showing the corps live every 15 feet or so above the multiple bars in the clubhouse. Here,you could gab all you wanted with friends and get out of the heat or skip out when a show got too boring or what have you from the 50 yard line right below. It was humid as ####, so this air conditioned gigantic clubhouse was a Godsend. food and service was first rate as well, but pricey. But these digs were good on the humid Finals night.' Wife was impressed with the facilities. And when she's happy, I'm happy. You married guys know how that goes ( haha!)

Edited by Lieut. General Effect

what was parking in NC?

I think Scranton is $5 now