Please shut the *e@% UP!

I was amazed at the number of people in the stands that would TALK OUT FREAKING LOUD during the corp's performance. I don't mean "ooohhh!" "Ahhhhh!" "WOW, DID YOU SEE THAT?" Oh no. I mean nonstop yakking about the show, about Aunt Silvia's carbuncle, don't forget to buy eggs, you name it.

When the show got louder, THEY GOT LOUDER. Yes, we must shout above the show in order to be heard.

The teenagers were much better than the adults. Just one look, perhaps a gentle "ssshhhh...." and they gave a look of "sorry, sir" and got much better.

My wife and I were unlucky enough to be sitting behind two moms with some pretty jittery kids. I guess we should have known there was a reason those seats were empty... Yes, they paid for their tickets too, but if your yard ape cant STFU and sit still then perhaps you should not sit in the middle of the crowd on the 50 yard line. Oh, I almost forgot...HER CELL PHONE RINGING DURING A SHOW. She did not take the call. Oh no. She waited a couple minutes, then PLACED A CALL. DURING A SHOW. I could overhear the conversation and trust me, it was nothing that could not wait for the corps to finish performing.

After the break we ended up sitting two rows behind two older folks (older being older than my wife and I...mid 40's... :ph34r: ) After an hour of them I was ready to be sitting with the rowdy kid again. She could not shut up to save her life. Nasty stares from the people in front of her did not register on her brain, nor that of her husband. Then their adult kids sat next to them and proceeded to join the debate. Verbal requests for a bit of silence worked. For a few minutes.

What is wrong with people that they can't show respect for the performers on the field and the crowd in the audience?

If the same thing happens Saturday, I think I'll take their pictures and post a link on DCP.

Wow, it feels good to get this off my chest.

Go ahead and flame me if you must, but I can't see many people defending idiots with diarrhea of the mouth.

You absolutely right.

These people are just stupid.....

We should all learn to poiint they're behaviour out to them. Don't hold back, tell them. If we all do so, we might stop those people.

Just reading your post made me angry (about them....not you or your post)

Go ahead and flame me if you must, but I can't see many people defending idiots  with diarrhea of the mouth.

No flames from me! I can't *stand* how so many people yap, yap, yap through a show. Doesn't matter whether it's a DC, MB or WGI performance, I seem to always get next to the chatterboxes and hyperactive children. <**> Ugh.

The weather person said that tomorrow's temps and humidity will make it feel the hottest so far this year. Another Ugh.

Combine high heat, humidity with yappers and I might snap, I swear ..

I must have sat in front of those same yap, yap people at Giants' Stadium last weekend. I hate people like that.

That's why I can't go to movies anymore, either.

I must have sat in front of those same yap, yap people at Giants' Stadium last weekend.  I hate people like that.

That's why I can't go to movies anymore, either.

So there we were...at the Div 1 semi-finals, the entire row behind me seemed to think they MUST share their opinion LOUDLY. The jackass behind me was #####ing about the judges being on the field with the corps, they have no business being there, they are ruining the show, blah blah blah. No, the judges are just fine. It's you and your BIG MOUTH that is ruining the show.

He sure did hate those judges. "If I had a gun with me I would kill that judge." Yessir, you read that right. He said if he had a gun with him, he would kill the judge. I assume this man was talking out his corn dispenser, but I did ponder if I should leave my seat and grab one of the police officers standing at the top of the section. I figured he was just an angry old man, but dang...what a stupid thing to say.

Anytime anyone dropped anything, he sure did notice. "DID YOU SEE THAT? HE DROPPED HIS SABER! I THINK HE DROPPED HIS RIFLE TOO. DID HE DROP HIS RIFLE? I NEVER DROPPED MY RIFLE. I NEVER DROPPED MY SABER EITHER."

Please...stop...me...from....dumping...water....bottle....on....someone's....head....! ^0^

He sure did hate those judges.  "If I had a gun with me I would kill that judge."  Yessir, you read that right.  He said if he had a gun with him, he would kill the judge.  I assume this man was talking out his corn dispenser, but I did ponder if I should leave my seat and grab one of the police officers standing at the top of the section. 

It would have been one way to shut him up.

:sshh: No flames from me, either. I got to the Div I Semis late 'cuz I was at Div II/III the day before and didn't know that a tie would cause the show to start early. I respectfully waited with a group of 30 at the base of the stairs while the corps on the field performed. Imagine my surprise when numerous drum corps fans (?), pushed by the group of us, saying "excuse me" as they groped their nachos and proceeded up the stands to their seats! After about 5 of these imbeciles entered the stands, I finally said to the next one, "You can't go into the stands while the corps is performing". She was incredulous, said she had her ticket and was going in. I had the bad luck to be in the BACK row of the stadium at Gillette and was amazed at the number of people who found it okay to go to their seats during a performance.

I was near some of the cell phone/conversationalist/squirmy baby patrons at Div II/III shows, too. Don't know where these people come from, but they are obviously not true fans. Sorry for the rant, but too many years of these yahoos in the stands is grating on me!

I was amazed at the number of people in the stands that would TALK OUT FREAKING LOUD during the corp's performance.  I don't mean "ooohhh!"  "Ahhhhh!"  "WOW, DID YOU SEE THAT?"  Oh no.  I mean nonstop yakking about the show, about Aunt Silvia's carbuncle, don't forget to buy eggs, you name it. 

When the show got louder, THEY GOT LOUDER.  Yes, we must shout above the show in order to be heard.

The teenagers were much better than the adults.  Just one look, perhaps a gentle "ssshhhh...." and they gave a look of "sorry, sir" and got much better.

My wife and I were unlucky enough to be sitting behind two moms with some pretty jittery kids.  I guess we should have known there was a reason those seats were empty...  Yes, they paid for their tickets too, but if your yard ape cant STFU and sit still then perhaps you should not sit in the middle of the crowd on the 50 yard line.  Oh, I almost forgot...HER CELL PHONE RINGING DURING A SHOW.  She did not take the call.  Oh no.  She waited a couple minutes, then PLACED A CALL.  DURING A SHOW.  I could overhear the conversation and trust me, it was nothing that could not wait for the corps to finish performing.

After the break we ended up sitting two rows behind two older folks (older being older than my wife and I...mid 40's...  :rock:  )  After an hour of them I was ready to be sitting with the rowdy kid again.  She could not shut up to save her life.  Nasty stares from the people in front of her did not register on her brain, nor that of her husband.  Then their adult kids sat next to them and proceeded to join the debate.  Verbal requests for a bit of silence worked.  For a few minutes.

What is wrong with people that they can't show respect for the performers on the field and the crowd in the audience?

If the same thing happens Saturday, I think I'll take their pictures and post a link on DCP.

Wow, it feels good to get this off my chest.

Go ahead and flame me if you must, but I can't see many people defending idiots  with diarrhea of the mouth.

and people wonder why Bando's get such a bad rap.........

I agree wholeheartedly with those that would expect someone to shut up while sitting "amidst" the crowd watching the show.

But let me address the complete opposite end of things......

At Finals, I was grabbing an overpriced bite to eat before heading back to the stands to finish watching the shows. I was standing on the little patio area in the end zone with a couple of fellow instructors, and discussing how proud we all were for Boston to have had such a good year with some new staff but Finals in their "backyard". We were not near anyone sitting in a seat and were in a normal tone of voice......

Someone walked up behind the three of us and stated, in a very smart### tone "Obviously you're new at this, but you know, talking during a show is a virus and if you keep doing it, it gives people the impression it's okay and then they'll do it as well....." I stood there incredulous for a moment. The young lady we were with, turned and looked at him and said "You know, that's why they make seats....." This ###### then barked at her "You don't have to be so rude....."

First, I literally laughed out loud that this jerk accused any of us of being rude. Frankly, he's quite fortunate that myself and the other gentleman standing there were so taken aback by how rude HE had been that WE didn't respond, because I can assure you, neither of us would have been near as kind as our friend was. Second, we all found it hilarious that he made the comment "Obviously your new at this....." Between the three of us, we had over 60 years in the activity.

I completely understand people who are offended by those that would sit in the middle of the crowd and run their mouth. We had all left the seating area so that we DID NOT do that and were truly enjoying ourselves as we shared our joy for Boston and some of our colleagues who had such a fine season.

For those that would envision themselves as the "talking police", please feel free to do so while in the stands. In the "common areas" in the stadium, don't be so presumptous to assume that your right to silence to view the show, overshadows others rights to enjoy each others company outside of the designated "viewing area" for the corps.

Off my soapbox now...........

Later, AA