The unofficial SCV is getting HOSED thread!

After watching Vanguard give it there all last night, I sat thinking to myself, "are the judges in the same universe"?

That show has cleaned up considerably in the past 6 weeks, and what shows is that the kids took a sub par product and turned it into a top six show.

There is no way this show deserves ninth. Period!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking this since San Antonio, but I waited until now (after seeing SCV last night).

I don't know who they ###### off, but they are CLEARLY being adjudicated on a different scale.

9th place is about right.

I don't think there's any corps for whom I have more affection than Santa Clara. But, no, the corps presently scoring above them are clearly better and yesterday I would have put Blue Knights there, too. I still like Vanguard, but they're at 9 or 10 right now, sorry to say.

After watching Vanguard give it there all last night, I sat thinking to myself, "are the judges in the same universe"?

That show has cleaned up considerably in the past 6 weeks, and what shows is that the kids took a sub par product and turned it into a top six show.

There is no way this show deserves ninth. Period!

Please Please stop ranting and raving about Santa Clara Vanguard.

Yes I love SCV always have, its not one of thier best years, all corps have them. We have Judges who see it different, you are not a judge and neither am I. until we are lets please stop complaining and enjoy thier show. BTW they do have a very good show, but they still have problems in cordination of it.

Edited by sabbath965

I have beena huge fan of recent Vanguard offerings...but this one kinda left me flat. I can't really put my finger on it, but there is just something missing. Don't you feel it? Even the biggest SCV homer has to admit that this show is missing something, something essential.

Heck, to be honest with you, I thought Blue Knights were better. I wouldn't be surprised to see SCV in 10th. And, like Blue Devils, I have a feeling these guys are going to come back like gangbusters and give us a great show next year. Glad I got my Super Three Tickets early...now...who to take? :-)

I went to the theatre last night expecting to be on the 'SCV is getting hosed bandwagon,' but they're . . . well, they're just not.

The drill is simple and not very effective. What happened to SCV pushing the envelope with regards to drill (2000, 2003). The music is good, but not outstanding. The show drags. I never thought I would say that about a Vanguard show, but it's just not up to par with my expectations with them.

I have beena huge fan of recent Vanguard offerings...but this one kinda left me flat.  I can't really put my finger on it, but there is just something missing.  Don't you feel it?  Even the biggest SCV homer has to admit that this show is missing something, something essential. 

Heck, to be honest with you, I thought Blue Knights were better.  I wouldn't be surprised to see SCV in 10th.  And, like Blue Devils, I have a feeling these guys are going to come back like gangbusters and give us a great show next year.  Glad I got my Super Three Tickets early...now...who to take? :-)

me me ME!!!! :worthy: