Cadets - 98.125

It's over?????!?!?

I'll be glad when I see the ending of The Cadets show for a third time at finals tomorrow.....because it will "be over." And I mean literally over....so I never have to see (or hear) that again.

Aside from being extremely clean looking and the drums being just stupid clean as well, I can't say that I've ever seen a show where there are so many good ideas that are so unconnected/unfinished/undeveloped and unclimaxed in my entire life. As for the brass....how about we get more trumpets and baritones to surge and stick out of the sound? On top of that how about our entire drumline being able to tongue better than our hornline.  What's up Monte Mast is deaf as a pile of sand? Not saying that my boys at BD are playing better, but good lord...Phantom and Cavaliers are light years better sounding that "The Zone." Even I WILL admit that, and i'm all about BD obviously.

Sorry for the harsh opinions, but if "The zone" is the best drum corps has to offer this year, maybe that's why everyone in the theaters my friends and enemies went to back home just sat there confused and feeling violated after the show was over. And maybe that's why the theater moaned at the results and the interview with guard girls who don't know their purpose.

Props to everyone out there for working hard, but guess what...it's not "over" mr. texas band director man. It's over when everyone has given there best effort and had a great last show to talk about for years. Who gives a #### about the medal if your last show sucked? Or in the case of the zone, if your members get a medal and don't know what the heck their character portrays in a show....i'm as lost as they are. so it's about a dream sequence....what you could say that about every single show out there....being that a dream is just a sequence of ideas. good thing we need to read a freaking novel to understand the show....

And even though I don't usually care for the Cavaliers shows, they are creative to me, and even if i'm one person, that means it's creative to someone and that's all that matters in the end....you know....when it's actually over......you know...that part that has nothing to do with placements and medals and crap that collects dust.

in closing, i read a good book recently, it's called "HEY JUDGES! Remember when the Fans actually Clapped and Cheered? Yeah; That's when they actually liked the shows; without a door."

:rock:  :rock:  :rock:

Their was enough Sour Grapes there to make a whole case of wine. I haven't heard that much crying since I visited my sisters new born in the hospital.

Brass scores. Drum scores. GE scores Visual scores. Color Guard scores. 99.15 Yowza!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

double post sorry!

Edited by boxingfred

Its funny how we've heard this same sentiment from Cavies fans (some of them) for 3-4 years now.  I say it and some of you get all worked up. 

I find it hilarious that The Zone has been one of the most positively reviewed drum corps show of the summer (that is when someone sees it live and writes a review).  Then a bunch of you go to the theater where you see mostly close up shots of the performers and not the whole package (of any corps for that matter) and all of a sudden the show is completely unworthy.

It may not be the type of show some of you can get into right now, but the show is wonderful and will be talked about for a long, long time as one of the greats.

Enjoy the other races like Coats and Madison.  The race for 1st is over.

Perfectly said, hey look GAP WIIIIIIIIIIDENED.