2007 Rose Bowl - Pasedena

I have to wonder if Qualcomm couldn't guarantee them a date, because of possible scheduling conflicts.

Good luck to folks battling the LA-area traffic on a Thurs and Friday night.

Also, this would be Esperanza's home show and would really help recruiting for this corps.

As much as I like the idea of Finals being out West, I do think that the number of corps that actually attend finals will decrease severly, especially Div II/III.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully gas prices will have fone down by then. Most Div. II/III corps could not afford to go otherwise.

Have any of you seen Qualcomm stadium? Not a pretty situation, I think that Pasadena/Rose Bowl is a very good choice. As great it would be for Esperanza to be able to hold Finals in their "home" stadium. I'm sure their members would agree with me when I say that Qualcomm and the area around it needs work before it can be taken into serious account for a finals show.

Have any of you seen Qualcomm stadium? Not a pretty situation, I think that Pasadena/Rose Bowl is a very good choice. As great it would be for Esperanza to be able to hold Finals in their "home" stadium. I'm sure their members would agree with me when I say that Qualcomm and the area around it needs work before it can be taken into serious account for a finals show.

What's wrong with the area around it? Mission Valley is quite nice

No mayor and City council members in jail, the city almost going bankrupt... <**>

There is very poor support for any outside activities in the schools also. It would take a lot of work to get San Diego to do anything to get finals here. Maybe next time DCI conciders the west coast for finals, the situation will be a bit more settled.

There's always the bull fighting ring in Tiajuana :P

No mayor and City council members in jail, the city almost going bankrupt... <**>

There is very poor support for any outside activities in the schools also.  It would take a lot of work to get San Diego to do anything to get finals here.  Maybe next time DCI conciders the west coast for finals, the situation will be a bit more settled.

There's always the bull fighting ring in Tiajuana :P

They just had the 2004 WGI Championships here, the Cheerleader championships, etc... I think they can host a DCI Finals week just fine.

I have to STRONGLY AGREE with this one, man they really missed the boat on San Diego? Did Pasadena offer a better package or something? Tourism, extremely plentiful lodging, local and and Qualcomm ( Jack Murphy ) is what San Diego Has that Pasadena can't offer. Not to mention a Stadium best suited For Drum Corps even more so FINALS.  <**>  <**>  <**>  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Tourism and plentiful lodging seem like things that Pasadena can handle, at least from my perspective. Hmmmmmmmmm the Tournament of Roses Parade and the Rose Bowl Football Game accompanies the parade attract way way way way more people than DCI will and they manage to find somewhere to stay and all of the groups that come out to perform in the TofR parade always find things to do. Pasadena has some wonderful opportunities for tourist. Two incredible museums (Norton Simon and the Huntington), and of course there's LACMA, The Getty Center (and the Getty Villa by that time), MOCA, Gene Autry, etc if you're willing to drive, the California Philharmonic (at the LA Arboretum, which is a wonderful place to visit as well), the Pasadena Symphony, the LA Philharmonic, the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, the Pasadena Pops Orchestra (at Descanso Gardens, another wonderful place to visit), Disneyland is near by, there's incredible shopping in Pasadena (South Lake and Old Town) or in all of the surrounding areas, world class reataurants, etc etc etc etc. Quite frankly I can't think of any city that DCI has been at recently that is anywhere near as tourist friendly as Pasadena. Oh and out of curiousity, what does San Diego offer for tourists that Pasadena doesn't? I've been to both quite a bit and well San Diego has never really excited me.

As much as I like the idea of Finals being out West, I do think that the number of corps that actually attend finals will decrease severly, especially Div II/III.

Well it'll be nice for the west coast Div II/III corps to be able to go for a change now won't it? I'd be willing to bet that you'll be seeing BDB, SCVC, Spokane Thunder and Mystikal in Pasadena in 2007.

Well it'll be nice for the west coast Div II/III corps to be able to go for a change now won't it?  I'd be willing to bet that you'll be seeing BDB, SCVC, Spokane Thunder and Mystikal in Pasadena in 2007.

Well yes, it will be nice for those corps and the other west coast corps to be able to attend finals, but I'd put money on the fact that there is significantly more Midwest/East coast Div II/III corps out there. So ya gotta look at the majority...thats why I feel somewhere Central is always the best bet. Denver was great, and even a little more west would work....but all the way West I think is not a good situation.

I'm glad it'll be out here, but they should've looked at Stanford in Palo Alto. They're planning on a remodel of their football venue (ie. taking out the track putting the stands closer to the field), but who knows how long that will take let alone when the project will begin.......