2007 Rose Bowl - Pasedena

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh....you might want to define it in terms of distance....you know full well that a 2 hr drive anywhere in the LA basin is basically once around the block....

... well, once you get out of the city on the 101 it's usually not too bad.

going back a few posts... geezed??????? :rock:

:rock: These thunderstorms are in the mountains...waaaaaay inland, my friend.

They're nowhere NEAR the cities of Los Angeles, Pasadena, San Diego, etc.

Not to worry your little head.  :)

OH???  Tell that to the inch of rain that fell on my house last night and the lightning that was right on top of us.  Never seen a storm like that in August here.  I'm figuring #### freezes over tomorrow.

w/Stp:

Stretching from Alhambra to Santa Clarita means that it went over all of Pasadena, and was in parts of LA. As for San Diego, who cares about their weather? DCI's not going there :P

There is bad traffic on the 15, but it doesn't start collecting up until 10 miles to the north (Miramesa) or 5 miles to the south (the 805/15 merge).  There is some build up at the ramp for east or west traffic on the 8, but that has nothing to do with the stadium.  Traffic around the stadium is not bad. 

btw, why isn't the championships held up north in the bay area?  That is where the title holders are from.  I do know that in July - Sunnyvale was in the 90's and Sacramento was 105+  Trying to practice in that heat was a living ####, even our resident Arizonian finally admitted that it was hot! 

Dan

I don't know which days you commute on the 15 but the traffic snarl usually starts at Highway 78 in Escondido from the north....on a bad day there are usually back ups all the way to Lawerence Welk Blvd on the north end of Escondido.....while I am not dissing Qualcomm,...it is indeed a great venue, but the traffic is pretty bad at least on that highway....coming from the north on I-5 the traffic can sometimes begin in Oceanside,...and thats a Saturday commute....San Diego is great, but it has grown emmensely in the last five years alone and I am not quite sure that your calculations are accurate. While I can welcome DCI Championships in the north or extreme south, I am stoked that it is being held in my backyard....and that may not even be a done deal yet....Here's to California!!! B)

Or to go a just little further...

As long as it's anywhere on the West coast!!!

B)

Drum corps shows in June are in New Jersey.........

Drum Corps shows in July are in Kansas................

Drum corps shows in August are in California......... :P

What's there to complain about! HELLO!

w/Stp:

Stretching from Alhambra to Santa Clarita means that it went over all of Pasadena, and was in parts of LA.  As for San Diego, who cares about their weather?  DCI's not going there  :P

It was at 3:00am when was the last DCI at 3:00am??? w/Stp: