what did Pat Sielding...

Pat Siedling let some of the sideline officials have it after the high brass award was recalled.

Was anybody down front to hear what was said?

I can't blame him for being upset. How do you make a mistake like that?

In case it hasn't been posted already: Cavies and PR were announced as winners of the Ott trophy. George Hopkins hauled butt to the sidelines, exchanged words with the DCI brass, and it was announced that a mistake was made. Cadets were given the trophy, and rightfully so.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreadful, inexcusable error. How do these things happen?  :worthy:

Whatever he said, it couldn't have been worse than the nonverbal gesture one of his predecessors made on Finals night years back -- on national television!  :o

The good ole '92 Dave Saint Angel Salute

Pat Siedling let some of the sideline officials have it after the high brass award was recalled.

Was anybody down front to hear what was said?

I can't blame him for being upset.  How do you make a mistake like that? 

In case it hasn't been posted already: Cavies and PR were announced as winners of the Ott trophy.  George Hopkins hauled butt to the sidelines, exchanged words with the DCI brass, and it was announced that a mistake was made.  Cadets were given the trophy, and rightfully so.

My guess is Pat said "We were robbed" and I would'nt blame him. After listening to PR & Cadets there is no doubt, Phantoms hornline is incredibly musical this year and IMHO the most balanced sound ever at DCI. :worthy:

Lets hope the viewers on ESPN or whatever get chance to judge/vote. Lets face it DCI have problems handing out trophies to the correct recipients.

So as for judging...............lets not go there. :sshh:

Based on scores, Cadets took it. Nothing else to say there. The trophy has a criteria.

Based on scores, Cadets took it.  Nothing else to say there.  The trophy has a criteria.

Dude, chill out. People are still entitled to their opinion. I wasn't there, so I can't say who deserved what, but some people feel Regiment deserved it regardless of criteria, and some feel Cadets deserved it. It's still ALL opinion.

Had the judges given the brass title to, say, Blue Devils or Bluecoats over Cadets, I am sure you wouldn't be propping up the criteria as much as you are now.

Celebrate your title...I don't see why you feel the need to defend the Cadets so much...they are the deserving DCI Champions for crying out loud. I think that speaks for itself.

Based on scores, Cadets took it.  Nothing else to say there.  The trophy has a criteria.

TX, listenig to the ADP's is not enough. On Friday night any of the top 3 corps could have taken high Brass, they were all that good. If anything, Cadets were a little louder, not that, that matters, but that was about it. Cadets, Cavies and Phantom all played outstanding, it could have gone to any one of them. I just don't see how you win top drums when you sing a drum solo?????

I just don't see how you win top drums when you sing a drum solo?????

Well, it's not like they sang the whole thing. . . .