what did Pat Sielding...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, chill out.  People are still entitled to their opinion.  I wasn't there, so I can't say who deserved what, but some people feel Regiment deserved it regardless of criteria, and some feel Cadets deserved it.  It's still ALL opinion.

Had the judges given the brass title to, say, Blue Devils or Bluecoats over Cadets, I am sure you wouldn't be propping up the criteria as much as you are now.

Celebrate your title...I don't see why you feel the need to defend the Cadets so much...they are the deserving DCI Champions for crying out loud.  I think that speaks for itself.

I am pretty sure I am not the one here who needs to chill.

I am not saying who deserved it. . .never did. I just said based on scores, which is the criteria, Cadets won it.

Michael here. . .chilled as I can be.

TX, listenig to the ADP's is not enough. On Friday night any of the top 3 corps could have taken high Brass, they were all that good. If anything, Cadets were a little louder, not that, that matters, but that was about it. Cadets, Cavies and Phantom all played outstanding, it could have gone to any one of them.  I just don't see how you win top drums when you sing a drum solo?????

I never made a statement about who should have won it. You and Nikk need to slow down and read.

I am not saying who deserved it. . .never did.  I just said based on scores, which is the criteria, Cadets won it. 

Dude, give it up...when it comes to the Cadets and anything you perceive as a slight against them, you are about as chilled as a cup of hot coffee.

You may not have said who deserved it, but you did say "Based on scores, Cadets took it. Nothing else to say there. The trophy has a criteria."

Yes, the trophy does...and I just pointed out that some people were giving their opinion of what they thought of that. OBVIOUSLY, you felt the need to add something, otherwise you wouldn't have posted. So what did you add? You added that the Cadets took it based on scores...

....well, pardon me, but....DUH. Of course they took it based on scores. Everything in DCI is taken based on scores. I think that what the original poster that you replied to was saying was that the scores didn't match his sentiment...there's nothing wrong with that, is there? Yet you say "nothing else to say there."

Bullpoopie. :P There's plenty to say there...he (and others like him) can say all they want, just like you (and others like you) were saying Cadets 2003 deserved to beat Cavaliers, just like I have {insert term meaning "female dog"} about stuff in the past...

You may be trying to play it off as being cool, or rather, chilled, but I don't buy it. There's a reason you felt the need to post what you posted right after that guy's statement.

P.S. I'm NOT saying that you are wrong...after all, that's what's great about DCP. We all gather 'round and give our opinions as if they were concrete...all of us are guilty of that. :) Just don't try to play it off as if your post was innocence itself when you know darn well your mother hen instincts had kicked in. :P

I just don't see how you win top drums when you sing a drum solo?????

That probably has something to do with the drum trophy being awarded based on the whole show, not just the drum solo.

Say what you will about the design of the show but that drumline was out of this world.. they deserved that drum trophy. No two ways about it.

Stef

I am not saying who deserved it. . .never did.  I just said based on scores, which is the criteria, Cadets won it. 

To Nikk:

"DON'T DO IT!"

-- guy in stands during Q-finals

Stef

I just don't see how you win top drums when you sing a drum solo?????

Some other people beat me to it, but i will chime in here as well. Although i could really have done without the vocalization part, those guys and gals could straight up play. There's a reason that they have won numerous drum titles in recent years. My biggest problem with the show was i would rather have heard them play the stuff they were vocalizing, but let's have no more baseless discussions about them not deserving a drum title.

Some other people beat me to it, but i will chime in here as well. Although i could really have done without the vocalization part, those guys and gals could straight up play. There's a reason that they have won numerous drum titles in recent years. My biggest problem with the show was i would rather have heard them play the stuff they were vocalizing, but let's have no more baseless discussions about them not deserving a drum title.

I stood there with Jaw Dropped at the awsome tenor playing and yes I know 2 kids in the bass line too, my point being was just a rant, that's all. They were good, the narration just drives me nuts. Bluecoats too, tiki tiki ta tiki wicki boba-dee-do

I just laugh when this hits ESPN, Come see the best Drum and Bugle kids, PLUS, the best talkers and amped instruments, plus see the saxaphones get an award on tv too!!! Funny No AMPS or Narration on the CBS report.