"DON'T DO IT!"

-- guy in stands during Q-finals

Stef

5 minutes too late, Stef. You're slipping. :P

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They showed Cadets' drumspeak on CBS, didn't they?

--

doug

You also heard BD's "Let the marathon begin!!!" from the end of their show at the end of the CBS News clip.

Like people watching CBS News and ESPN 2 on a regular basis know a #### thing about the recent additions of narration and amplification, anyway.

Dude, give it up...when it comes to the Cadets and anything you perceive as a slight against them, you are about as chilled as a cup of hot coffee.

You may not have said who deserved it, but you did say "Based on scores, Cadets took it. Nothing else to say there. The trophy has a criteria."

Yes, the trophy does...and I just pointed out that some people were giving their opinion of what they thought of that.  OBVIOUSLY, you felt the need to add something, otherwise you wouldn't have posted.  So what did you add?  You added that the Cadets took it based on scores...

....well, pardon me, but....DUH.  Of course they took it based on scores.  Everything in DCI is taken based on scores.  I think that what the original poster that you replied to was saying was that the scores didn't match his sentiment...there's nothing wrong with that, is there?  Yet you say "nothing else to say there."

Bullpoopie.  :P  There's plenty to say there...he (and others like him) can say all they want, just like you (and others like you) were saying Cadets 2003 deserved to beat Cavaliers, just like I have {insert term meaning "female dog"} about stuff in the past...

You may be trying to play it off as being cool, or rather, chilled, but I don't buy it.  There's a reason you felt the need to post what you posted right after that guy's statement.

P.S.  I'm NOT saying that you are wrong...after all, that's what's great about DCP.  We all gather 'round and give our opinions as if they were concrete...all of us are guilty of that.  :)  Just don't try to play it off as if your post was innocence itself when you know darn well your mother hen instincts had kicked in.  :P

Dude, chill out!

I stood there with Jaw Dropped at the awsome tenor playing and yes I know 2 kids in the bass line too, my point being was just a rant, that's all. They were good, the narration just drives me nuts. Bluecoats too, tiki tiki ta tiki wicki boba-dee-do

I just laugh when this hits ESPN, Come see the best Drum and Bugle kids, PLUS, the best talkers and amped instruments, plus see the saxaphones get an award on tv too!!! Funny No AMPS or Narration on the CBS report.

I guarantee you most kids, especially teens who have never seen drum corps who stumble onto drum corps on ESPN2 will LOVE The Cadets drumspeak. I wish there were some way I could measure it, because I guarantee it!

Dude, chill out!

Uh huh...yeah. In other words, you don't have any real responses to what I said 'cause you know it's true, Mother Hen. :P

What is it that you said...?

Nikk here....chilled as I can be.

Tee hee.

I guarantee you most kids, especially teens who have never seen drum corps who stumble onto drum corps on ESPN2 will LOVE The Cadets drumspeak.  I wish there were some way I could measure it, because I guarantee it!

Can I admit to a dirty little secret?

99.99% of the time, I am against amplified voice. BD and Cascades narration annoyed me very much this season. I also had problems with the little Rod Serling clip Cadets used at the start of their show.

When the drumspeak section came, however, I found myself actually getting into what they were doing. The members were really good at it (no surprise, since drummers "sing" drum parts whenever they're not playing, talking, or eating) and it was entertaining to me that they got into it as much as they did. I looked forward to hearing that particular part of the show when listening to the Semifinals streams Saturday morning.

I think that this section of Cadets show would make a good addition to the highlights of Finals broadcast on ESPN 2, something different that would get the attention of people watching who are new to the activity. There's plenty of horns, drums, colorguard, and drill to show, as well, so it wouldn't be the focus of the highlights.

What would you like me to say? All you did was state something of the obvious.

I am a Cadets fan. Sometimes, not always, I post in response to them. Didn't we already know that? Trust me, it does not mean I am all worked up.

I think you guys should retreat to your corners for a while and put each other on ignore. :diva: