Which judges judge it?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so this huge thing some DCI leaders pused for isn't being judged?

wow. shocking

I don't think uniform choice for the colorguard is judged either. Does that mean that it's unimportant? Since it isn't judged, it obviously is unimportant and unneccesary for shows...it contributes nothing and should be eliminated.

I don't think uniform choice for the colorguard is judged either.  Does that mean that it's unimportant?  Since it isn't judged, it obviously is unimportant and unneccesary for shows...it contributes nothing and should be eliminated.

actually uniform color for guards is discussed a lot in many places, not just the guard sheet.

and if it's to be done on the field, regardless of speaking, singing, chanting, rapping or yowzaing, it should be discussed and judged

actually uniform color for guards is discussed a lot in many places, not just the guard sheet.

But that's just my point. Uniform color isn't judged, yet it does contribute a lot to a show. Should every choice a corps makes in its design be judged? If that's what you're saying, then we'll need about 600 more judges, I think.

seems to me over the course of a season they are...by finals, if you do things the way the judges suggest, it's a moot issue of discussion.

when i taught a line in 00, bass drum stuff we did all season was raved about in June and not mentioned all year. I also know tenor stuff they didnt like was discussed, we modified it and by finals it wasn't an issue.

but, if you narrate large portions of your show and have nothing else going on, it SHOULD be discussed.

actually any narration should be discussed, pro or con, and word on the street is, it isn't.

Well, if I am a cheerleader, then what does that make you? A chronic complainer, whiner, someone who is never happy and finds little in the activity to like or support?  Hey, I am just asking because all I ever see you and many others do is complain and cry about this and that.  It's just one post after another of sour grapes.

I'll take being called a cheerleader anyday. Thanks  :)

Jonathan

It was a joke, hence the little smiley at the end of the post.

But, since you asked, friend, let me enlighten you to something...if I feel like something needs to be said, I'll say it. For the most part, I back up what I "whine" about with constructive arguments and posts. Additionally, I find plenty to like about the season, and have even said as much.

Perhaps you should go back and look, and see that I even thought the Cadets would win in the pre-season, and talked up their musical selections. Oh, God, the horror!

Cavaliers, Crossmen, Phantom...if I like something, I'm just as quick to heap prasise on it as anything else.

Really, now, what exactly do you think DCP is?

1. A place where we can all live in Candyland, and just rejoice and bask in the lovely glow of DCI, resplendent in its perfection?

-or-

2. Is it somewhere where you talk about the idiom as a living, breating , imperfect thing, where you debate the pros and cons of where and how the activity evolves?

If it was truly option 1, then there wouldn't be much use for DCP, would there?

Meanwhile, DCI does no wrong in your eyes. Every change is "BRAVO!", and always for the better...and of course, inevitably, those of us that differ are painted with either the "dinosaur" or "whiner" label.

Do you see the disconnect here, or how your reaction is just as "knee-jerk" as mine supposedly is?

Have there been good changes along the way? Sure. But, really, sometimes a critical eye needs to be taken to things, and not looked at through rose colored glasses.

It improves the debate, and inevitably...in most things, it improves the product...with the exception of junior drum corps; as 12-16 people decide what's best for it...not you, certainly not me, and no one (with a handful of exceptions) that posts on DCP.

So, as you take your "cheerleader", I'll take my "complainer" title as well.