As much fun as this year was "Cadets-wise", it will be great to have them back next year, in the most classy uni's DCI has seen. 'Less is more' uniform wise is all that I can say about that.

Onto another subject....

I can only hope Mr. Hop and crew pick a more traditional show and revamp it up to an `06 style. Something from the 80's maybe? I liked The Zone, but now I'm ready to have one of my favorite shows rip my face off and leave me feeling refreshed. I know some people werent too thrilled with some decisions this year, but thats nothing Appalacian Spring `06 can't resolve :worthy:. Kidding, of course!

Great job Cadets.

As much fun as this year was "Cadets-wise", it will be great to have them back next year, in the most classy uni's DCI has seen.  'Less is more' uniform wise is all that I can say about that.

Onto another subject....

I can only hope Mr. Hop and crew pick a more traditional show and revamp it up to an `06 style.  Something from the 80's maybe?  I liked The Zone, but now I'm ready to have one of my favorite shows rip my face off and leave me feeling refreshed.  I know some people werent too thrilled with some decisions this year, but thats nothing Appalacian Spring `06 can't resolve  :worthy:Kidding, of course!

Great job Cadets.

i was thinking about this the other day, after this show, where do they go from here? are they gonna push the envelope, keep coming up with new exotic stuff, or go back in the lets try to make old songs cool again. personally i wouldnt mind seeing the zone 2 B)

I have an idea. Pick great music. The show design process should always begin with the musical selection, or at least a musical direction. Ask yourself, What's the best possible music we can play this year? No matter its sources--wind ensemble, jazz, movie scores, choral works, classical works, original compositions--it has to be great music. The music has to have at least the following elements: an exciting, fast-paced opener that contains a flurry of notes alongside pure chordal power; a lush beautiful ballad; a percussion feature; and a majestic closer. If the show does not have these elements, it is not as good as it could be. Why would you settle for anything less? These elements can be nicely-woven into a solid theme. The music, if done correctly, will be able to convey the message of the show. The only verbal description the show needs can be placed in the program book. Then, once the music and theme are in place, drill is chosen. The drill must satisfy three elements: it needs to represent the music, it needs to be creative, and there needs to be a good amount of "cool" drill moves (DNA helix, zigzagging meshing blocks come to mind). Add props if absolutely necessary, and voila. You've got yourself a show.

I think that just might work.

Edited by Hrothgar15

I have an idea. Pick great music. The show design process should always begin with the musical selection, or at least a musical direction. Ask yourself, What's the best possible music we can play this year? No matter its sources--wind ensemble, jazz, movie scores, choral works, classical works, original compositions--it has to be great music. The music has to have at least the following elements: an exciting, fast-paced opener that contains a flurry of notes alongside pure chordal power; a lush beautiful ballad; a percussion feature; and a majestic closer. If the show does not have these elements, it is not as good as it could be. Why would you settle for anything less? These elements can be nicely-woven into a solid theme. The music, if done correctly, will be able to convey the message of the show. The only verbal description the show needs can be placed in the program book. Then, once the music and theme are in place, drill is chosen. The drill must satisfy three elements: it needs to represent the music, it needs to be creative, and there needs to be a good amount of "cool" drill moves (DNA helix, zigzagging meshing blocks come to mind). Add props if absolutely necessary, and voila. You've got yourself a show.

I think that just might work.

Sure sounds like a drum corps show to me, oh wait! :) Nicely put. Couldn't agree with ya more.

Here is what Hopkins had to say about next year's plans in a DCI interview last night after Finals:

Next year, the Cadets will follow a familiar pattern in terms of the show. “I think we’re going to stay on a similar pathway, not this, but storytelling, something a little bit unusual I think, but we’ve only talked about it briefly.”

Here is what Hopkins had to say about next year's plans in a DCI interview last night after Finals:

Next year, the Cadets will follow a familiar pattern in terms of the show. “I think we’re going to stay on a similar pathway, not this, but storytelling, something a little bit unusual I think, but we’ve only talked about it briefly.”

Oh boy...

More "unusual" than THE ZONE?! :spit:

Edited by OKTrpt