Regiment ending

Yea, they had a surpise ending. They were the only corps to not post the national colors at retreat. Considering the corps were played on the field for retreat by the United States Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps, I'd call that a surprise and IMO a few other things as well. I think its a shame, Phantom had a nice show and did a great job but this has left me (and others I might add) with a bad taste in my mouth. I don't blame the kids though. I figure it was a staff decision. :( <**>

Yea, they had a surpise ending.  They were the only corps to not post the national colors at retreat.  Considering the corps were played on the field for retreat by the United States Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps, I'd call that a surprise and IMO a few other things as well.  I think its a shame, Phantom had a nice show and did a great job but this has left me (and others I might add) with a bad taste in my mouth.  I don't blame the kids though.  I figure it was a staff decision. :(  <**>

Wow I hope it was a logistical error on their part but of all the times not to... finals?!?

Love the corps but I definitely would've liked to heard something other than the above.

Ben

Wow.

Guess they're lucky it's not VFW Finals anymore...

Yea, they had a surpise ending.  They were the only corps to not post the national colors at retreat.  Considering the corps were played on the field for retreat by the United States Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps, I'd call that a surprise and IMO a few other things as well.  I think its a shame, Phantom had a nice show and did a great job but this has left me (and others I might add) with a bad taste in my mouth.  I don't blame the kids though.  I figure it was a staff decision. :(  <**>

Well it was an idiotic decision, whoever made it. I guess playing "American in Paris" all summer (which I LOVED) gave them "French" tendencies, and now they hate the U.S. ^0^ :P

It was a simple mistake, not a "staff decision." To suggest that without knowing any details is unfair and way off base.

Here is the text from an e-mail sent by corps director Pat Seidling in reply to a concerned fan:

"I am very sorry we did not have the national colors on the field. It was an honest mistake complicated by very difficult stadium logisitics.

"The young lady in charge of bringing the flag forgot. Bad? Yes. But, alas, she's human.

"Now ... here's where it got tricky: Truck with flag was 20-minute walk away and stadium security locked down quick access to truck lot. No time remained to get the flag.

"Nothing more I can say but apologize and beg for at least some empathy and understanding from you."

I figured it was a mistake. PR's always been a patriotic organization.