Thsi will make you stop and think

I just can't stand this whole mics/amps thing. Especially when the original reason for them being placed on the field was supposed to be to amplify the keyboards. Now they are used for just about anything and it is wrong! I think designers have started to get lazy...hence the naration. They don't feel like writing a great show that tells the story to the audience through the performance so they just have some kid in the pit tell the story to us. YAWN!!! Honestly, I was not impressed with Div 1 this year. I felt that there were a lot of hot dogs out there. When it came time to watching the corps which were once my favourites, I was falling asleep because it felt like I was being told a bedtime story.

I'm sorry if there are people out there that don't like what I have to say, but hey...this is MY opinion and I'm entitled to it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i ams ure if it was banned i'd like it a lot more

So you're saying Crusaders should have won in '04 and Cadets should have been in the second six in '05 because they did or didn't use narration?

HH

No, my point was everyone tore Boston apart last year for it, and now it's 'no big deal' because the Cadets did it.

I found this qoute over in another section of DCP.I think the autor of this qoute brings a interesting perspective to the future of amps and vocals

"Did you notice

The bottom 7 corps tonight did not use vocals in their shows.  Four of the top five did.  Is there a message there?  It seems that the top corps are being rewarded for trying new things, for trying to expand the boundaries of the activity.  It will be interesting see how far this goes before fans begin to rebel (if they do at all).  "

Coincidence. From my seats, the top five corps were top five corps, regardless of amps and narrations.

We can't conclude that "because of amps/vocals these X-number of corps scored higher." They were rewarded for performing better.

No, my point was everyone tore Boston apart last year for it, and now it's 'no big deal' because the Cadets did it.

Of course, I think that the general consensus is that the Cadets did it better, if that has anything to do with it. Even a lot people who aren't generally anti-amp thought that BAC's use of narration was pretty lame.

<snip>

But I am willing to let the corps run with this for a couple of years and see if anyone come ups with something good. 

It's the experimentation with the medium that might be painful at times.

Just what I was thinking.

Once the newness wears off, we may hear some interesting stuff.

kat

-still anti-amp but learning to live with it