Thsi will make you stop and think

Lets see how many other corps incorporate a door, or something like it, in the middle of the field, in their shows next season.

Now the Hop has his members walking thru the audience dressed as a Catholic School girl, or a Pioneer guard member. She was looking around the stadium dazed and confused while staring at people with this stupid look on her face. Scoring points with the judges I would guess. I was going to pour my beer all over her if she came near me.

How long will it be before all the other corps have idiot's like this walking thru the stands before their shows too?

I for one am sick of this guy and his form of drum corps. <**>

Edited by BustSaAmp

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I really don't think that message of trying the new stuff is true. If it were, we'd have been in 10th or higher. hehe, either way, it was a darn good year for DCI - proud to have been a part of it.

I found this qoute over in another section of DCP.I think the autor of this qoute brings a interesting perspective to the future of amps and vocals

"Did you notice

The bottom 7 corps tonight did not use vocals in their shows.  Four of the top five did.  Is there a message there?  It seems that the top corps are being rewarded for trying new things, for trying to expand the boundaries of the activity.  It will be interesting see how far this goes before fans begin to rebel (if they do at all).  "

Ironic how BAC was nailed last year for thair amplification,vocals and props, and Cadets win with all 3 of the afforementioned.

Ironic how BAC was nailed last year for thair amplification,vocals and props, and Cadets win with all 3 of the afforementioned.

So you're saying Crusaders should have won in '04 and Cadets should have been in the second six in '05 because they did or didn't use narration?

HH

Here's another to keep in mind:

100% of the corps that put a door on the field beat 100% of the corps that didn't.

Next year: The 2006 Cavaliers present...The Best of The Doors!

the Stealthmen have used vortexes to parallel dimensions, universes and realities on the field for years......George must have heard about this so he grabbed the idea. However, since most humans can't comprehend anything beyond their own identity and/or reality, he went to a door instead.

Edited by FrankBeMe

The actual results seem to show otherwise...if it

had any impact at all.

Placement changes from 2004 to 2005

Non-Vocal: (4 move up, 2 move down)

Cavaliers - down 1

Phantom - up 2

Madison - up 2

Crown - no change

SCV - down 4

Boston - no change

Blue Knights - no change

Glassmen - up 1

Spirit - up 1

Vocal: (2 move up, 1 moves down)

Cadets - up 3

Bluecoats - up 1

Bluedevils - down 2

Heh, so every single comparison seems to show us that amped vocals have absolutely no effect on a corps placement relative to corps who choose not to use them. That's funny, because I could swear I heard people on DCP telling me that DCI will make amped vocals necessary to be competitive. Maybe they should tell the Blue Devils that, after they fell out of the top three for the first time in god-knows-when. Or to Phantom Regiment, who rose to third - as high as they've been since 1996 - without amped vocals, beating three of the corps that used them.

The things people will make up to demonize the use of amps is starting to make me laugh :rock:

I'm glad that part of my review sparked some healthy discussion.

As general rule, I'm an old school kind of guy in that I think anything done with vocals could have been done another way(see SVC).

But I am willing to let the corps run with this for a couple of years and see if anyone come ups with something good.

It's the experimentation with the medium that might be painful at times.

Ummmmm ... I'm thinking that, judging by past performance, BD and Cadets probably would have placed pretty well even if they'd not used amplified vocals. Are we arguing that those two corps really aren't all that good and didn't deserve their placements? I don't like the vocals, but they're not the reason that Cadets and Devs made top five.