it's been 25yrs since this happened

Just a small piece of trivia for everyone.

What happened this year that hasn't happened since 1980?

answer below

Santa Clara Vanguard did not break 90.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY SMOKES, the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!! b**bs

OMG, they didn't break 90!!! :rock: :(

Give me a break it's Monday morning, I'm always a little crazy on Mondays!!!

That was this year, WAIT ILL NEXT YEAR!!!

I'm going out on a limb and say:

"SANTA CLARA VANGUARD WINS 2006 DCI TITLE"

Don't forget where you heard this first !!! B) :rock:

Edited by ODBC

Hey I wasn't saying anything bad about SCV, I was just enlightening the young pups on this sight regarding some history, you know stuff that happend before 1999.

Hey I wasn't saying anything bad about SCV, I was just enlightening the young pups on this sight regarding some history, you know stuff that happend before 1999.

I know that !!

There are a lot of things that these younguns don't know and we just have to spread the word!!

Traditions and history are something that is lacking in todays drum corps!! (All except SCV--of course !!) B)

They should have broken 90. That corps was a gas, and their show was magnificent. Certain other corps which shall remain nameless engaged in the greatest waste of talent I've ever seen. I can only wonder what the parent volunteers really think when they watch some of the crap that makes it onto the field. Such a deal: volunteer, pay big bucks for your kids, then pay a pompous staff to engage in self-indulgence within the DCI mutual admiration society. Thanks Santa Clara, Phantom, Scouts, Blue Coats, Glassmen (yes, Glassmen), Crusaders, Spirit, Blue Knights, and Carolina, for putting the performers and the fans before your staff egos.

Heh, I knew it before I scrolled down... looked it up on Friday. Good for them though, pulling out a great show on Saturday. My friend, who has not seen a live show since 1998, after SCV "THAT's 9th PLACE? I can't WAIT to see the rest!"

They should have broken 90. That corps was a gas, and their show was magnificent. Certain other corps which shall remain nameless engaged in the greatest waste of talent I've ever seen.  I can only wonder what the parent volunteers really think when they watch some of the crap that makes it onto the field. Such a deal: volunteer, pay big bucks for your kids, then pay a pompous staff to engage in self-indulgence within the DCI mutual admiration society. Thanks Santa Clara, Phantom, Scouts, Blue Coats, Glassmen (yes, Glassmen), Crusaders, Spirit, Blue Knights, and Carolina, for putting the performers and the fans before your staff egos.

I suppose the Cavaliers are egotistical and don't care about the fans or the marching kids? I would like to think the organization I am a part of didn't shunt me aside or leave the fans left out...

I didn't see them this year, but their 1980 show was easily the most influential show of the decade. First time they ever finished out of the top three, even.

No no no. Blue Devils will bounce back in 2006 to claim championship #12 (right?) and then in 2007, first finals ever in CA, Vanguard will reign.

Coulda been worse, they could have not made finals!