DCI POLITICS @ it's Best!

:rock: I know everybody loves controversy so here it is. Wasn't SCV in good standings for 9th place and a more that 1 point away from Boston? Was SCV really that good to make a 1 point jump finals night. They haven't been that close to Boston all season than all of a sudden....BAM! 8th place.

Politics you ask?  Let a shining star like SCV drop so much in placing?

I don't know....smells funny! :rock:

Boston seemed to me to overall have had their best effort and execution in the Quarters. They were on fire there. Finals, they seemed to be a tad nervous perhaps in front of the home town crowd, and the effort was there, but the execution seemed a tad off to this observer. They did a solid overall job that night, but SCV who was not as good as Boston in the Quarters and Semi's, really were on fire on Finals night. Thus, SCV squeaked by Boston on Finals night. I can't quibble with the judges score on Finals night between SCV and Boston. It was a toss up. Both Corps shows were not strange this year, and both stayed true to their roots. They both should be proud of themselves.

Edited by Lieut. General Effect

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rock: Shed a tenth here, shed a tenth there, BAM! 8th place! :rock:

How do you "shed a tenth" in a build up system?? :rock:

Bluecoats beat Scouts by the end of the week. Not sure if they were swapping placements throughout the season at head to head shows, but regardless, things change with a new venue AND with the last week of practice.

Same thing with Esperanza beating Magic for the first time all season at Quarters. Was that politics? Maybe it's a panel change, maybe it's more ticking one way or another. This is our activity.

Another good example, BUT, Bluecoats have been at the heels of Madison the last week much closer than SCV to Boston.

So are we in favor of the slotting theory or not? Why are complaining that placements changed? To me it shows maybe the judges paid some closer attention to things.

Waah, waah, waah. What could have happened, did happen.

Exept for the Knights in 1983-now THAT was a conspiracy!!!!

On Friday, Boston was CLEARLY better than SCV. On Saturday, it was almost as if it was another corps performing SCV's show...they were that good. It was obvious to everyone around me (bottom of the upper deck, side 2 45 yard line) that they should beat Boston at Finals.

The "political" move would have been to leave the standings as they were, instead of rewarding a superior performance.

Leave the tin-foil hats at home...

:rock: I know everybody loves controversy so here it is. Wasn't SCV in good standings for 9th place and a more that 1 point away from Boston? Was SCV really that good to make a 1 point jump finals night. They haven't been that close to Boston all season than all of a sudden....BAM! 8th place.

Well, Bluecoats score jumped 1.85 finals night, and they sprinted past Scouts... Does that one smell funny? OOPS... I forgot....on Semis night Chuck King forgot to listen to Blucoats show, and dumped their line, otherwise they would have finished 5th that night.

Don't think anything funny happened with SCV / BAC..... Unless someone found Nixon's Watergate tapes again!!!

b**bs

Wait just a moment...

Let me see...SCV gets overly scrutinized by the judges ALL SEASON LONG (and, somewhat justifiably so)...then, all of a sudden, on finals night, decides to miraculously reward them because some DCI bee buzzed in their collective ears?

:lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit:

That's the best one I've heard in a long time!!!

I will start my first posting saying that my opinion may be skewed a little based upon my love of the Saders’ organization. That said, I would have to say that it was not Boston who dropped the ball, but SCV who elevated their performance and electrified the stadium that night. I was there on the 50-yard line eighth row back and SCV’s field performance was much better than its previous nights as it was very much more energetic. I am not going to get involved arguing the semantics of scoring, and I have always felt that a performance should be "called as you see it". Do I think Boston was screwed? Well perhaps, but I think that's what makes competition healthy among the corps and interesting for us as spectators.

---KMB---