DCI POLITICS @ it's Best!

So are we in favor of the slotting theory or not?  Why are complaining that placements changed?  To me it shows maybe the judges paid some closer attention to things.

Well, it doesn't have to be an either or situation. As for your support of the judges here, were you at the Quarters, Semi's, Finals ? All 3 competitions, 2, or 1 , TXMystreaux ? Just asking, mind you.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you "shed a tenth" in a build up system?? :rock:

You "shed a tenth" in a build up system by not performing to a standard you already set. Also know as off nights.

Finals is not what you have scored in your season, it's what you do that night. I think people tend to forget that. It's about that night.

So are we in favor of the slotting theory or not?  Why are complaining that placements changed?  To me it shows maybe the judges paid some closer attention to things.

Well, it doesn't have to be an either or situation. As for your support of the judges here, were you at the Quarters, Semi's, Finals ? All 3 competitions, 2, or 1 , TXMystreaux ? Just asking, mind you.

Well, since I am finally back from Boston (stranded due to weather), I will chime in on this one. Boston clearly had their best night on Thursday. There was absolutely no question about that. SCV had their best night, without a doubt, on Saturday. When two corps are as close as these two, one at its best should beat the other when not at its best. And that's all that happened. I thought that that was what we all wanted, right? Judge that night's performance? And as for slotting, I thought the theory behind slotting was that the corps were ranked in July and stayed in their spot for the remainder of the season. Finals night seems an odd time to finally "slot" someone.

Nope, and I don't see anything I said that would allude to me being there.

Anyway, my statement is just that a lot of people are on here complaining about slotting all the time. Then we get complaints when placements change, which in a way goes against the slotting theory.

All I am saying is, we can't have it both ways.

Was SCV really that good to make a 1 point jump finals night?

Shed a tenth here, shed a tenth there, BAM! 8th place!

DCI judges are paid and paid from DCI. You don't think there's a little Bee buzzing into there ears..."take a Closer look at SCV" ..bzzzzz!!!

:feednotroll:

Edited by Orange Roughy

I will start my first posting saying that my opinion may be skewed a little based upon my love of the Saders’ organization. That said, I would have to say that it was not Boston who dropped the ball, but SCV who elevated their performance and electrified the stadium that night.  I was there on the 50-yard line eighth row back and SCV’s field performance was much better than its previous nights as it was very much more energetic.  I am not going to get involved arguing the semantics of scoring, and I have always felt that a performance should be "called as you see it".  Do I think Boston was screwed?  Well perhaps, but I think that's what makes competition healthy among the corps and interesting for us as spectators.

---KMB---

That's how I saw it too. Now the question remains, which of these 2 fine corps with long traditions that go way back,will drop their fan friendly shows from this year. and go with the weird in music and theme in hopes of moving up in placement. My guess, they'll both try to go with obscure music, narration, and a weird theme for next year now. But we'll see.

Edited by Lieut. General Effect