The Field Pass

My apologies to SeasonPass subscribers who justifiably expected more Finals week coverage from The Field Pass audio magazine than they got. I'm sorry, I simply over-estimated and over-promised the amount of coverage I would be able to provide on a daily basis.

I wear many hats during finals week. Other in-stadium responsibilities, such as videotaping the segments which were shown on the jumbotron prior to Friday and Saturday's shows, helping Thursday night with the cinema broadcast and emceeing the age-out ceremony Friday and pre-show festivities Saturday, left me with much less time to edit, voice and mix The Field Pass than I thought I would have. Something had to give. Obviously, on-site commitments had to take priority. And that's why you got 2 shows instead of the four I intended to post. I apologize for promising too much.

The good news is, I gathered a lot of audio that's sitting on mini-disc right now waiting to be turned into a show. A year-end, wrap-up of The Field Pass will be produced and posted ASAP. I owe listeners profiles of Hall of Famers Peggy Twiggs and Dick Brown and they will get them. I spent all of Saturday morning doing interviews with Cadets members, parents and instructors at their annual Breakfast of Champions. Our wrap-up show will feature those stories as well as a lengthy and very candid interview with YEA director George Hopkins...one you won't want to miss.

Thanks for subscribing to SeasonPass and listening to The Field Pass. And, thank you for your patience as we learn.

Dan Potter

Dan,

I would imagine that many of the Season Pass subscribers were in Foxboro.

I didn't have time while there to even check out Season Pass, I'll be doing

that over the next couple of weeks. I look forward to the new stuff, especially

the Hopkins interview. The man is never anything less than candid.

Great job as always.

Dan,

In my mind you have nothing to be apologizing for. The Field Pass this year was probably my favorite part of the Season Pass program. But I know how much running around you were doing. Friday morning at 10 at the User Group Meeting, running out of there to make other commitments, doing your gig at the stadium, Cadets housing site on Saturday. I'm just hoping you weren't driving anywhere right after Finals. Would've been dangerous for everyone else on the road in your probably sleep-deprived state. :-)

It was a fabulous season listening to you and I am looking forward to doing the same thing next year.

Cheers,

Bob

Dan,

Thanks for the apology. It was obvious that Season Pass activities were becoming overwhelmed by the increasing Finals Night activities. You were not the only one that ran out of time.

I am appreciative that you did not just throw up a show to fill the slot. You made the right decision to wait until the material could be done right. I have enjoyed every Field Pass you have done. I'm sure one of the things that the Season Pass team will make better in the future will be letting us know about programming changes.

Keep up the excellent work. I look forward to your next edition.

Thanks for being such a stand-up guy, Dan. No apology was necessary. I very much look forward to your season ending wrap up edition.

I agree TX, that he didn't have to apologize.

(sarcasm on)

but then again, maybe he did.

Because when you think about it, some of these folks would verbally flog the poor guy, threaten to go to his house and kill his dog.......etc.

Or something like that. Because he didn't do what they think he should have done to their liking.

I mean he does work for the evil empire after all!

(sarcasm off)

Dan,

Your response is a testament to the dedication of you and your team to this activity.

With all of the interest in the field pass, it might also be interesting for us DCP'ers to hear if there are any plans by DCI to increase the focus, personnel, funding, technical support or other ways in which you plan to fully exploit the (apparently very popular) Field Pass idea for next year.

PhilSCV

I, for one, think DCI has done a wonderful job with this technology.

I freely offer...

(as the primary web guy for The Weather Channel and weather.com... [My primary job is squeaking the last nth degree of load capacity out of our servers. e.g. During Arlene we fielded around 50 million page views])

...any and all services I can to help bring better servicability and stability to the DCI site offerings.

Dan, wonderful job! Feel free to PM me if you need **ANYTHING** at all...gratis.

Edited by CVQuesty

Dan -

Thanks. I was dissappointed in the Season Pass stuff too and encourage you AND the DCI webfolks to talk with the BD web crew. Blue Devils did a fantastic job the entire weekend. Updates - Web Log running commentary - updated photos. I'd like to see DCI hire them to coordinate and run the web coverage all season. They are ON the ball!

Dan,

It's simply because you are a man of integrity and want to be able to deliver when you say you will...

The Field Pass has been great and will continue to be...