Biggest messups in DCA history?

As the beer came out of my nose and slattered all over the window, we developed the Westshore Salute.  b**bs  It is a left handed, upside down salute which is still exchanged between Reading's 1980 Alumni. 

Some things are too funny to make up....

Thanks for the memories WS.

P.S.  The Doves were pretty funny too.  (Birds don't like to fly at night!!!) :P

OMG, thanks for the laugh! I needed it!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P Ditto, thanks fot the new Westshore story :P

b**bs :) ^0^ After marching Westshoremen Bonnie-Scots and experiencing many mix-ups and maladys, then reading these stories, somehow I think Westshore may have cornered the market in screw-ups and fowl-ups.(I am sure that other corps have their own stories but are too amused to share yet) b**bs

what year was it that George Parks launched the mace and it landed in a xylo?

I think it was a flag...I remember the picture in Drum Corps News! (Gige, wasn't that Willie Black?)

Same thing when Jim Kyles rifle landed in my timpani in 79 (But that was at a show up in Outer Bum-#### NY somewhere where they had NO lights in the back of the field...no one saw it!)

I only remember the nex week that Rick was mad at me because I had a new timpani head and he DIDN'T!

One the DIDN't happen to Westshore was 77, I think, when the judge backed into the chime player for Rochester (and it was immortalized on the recording by a. the collision and b. picking them up!)

what year was it that George Parks launched the mace and it landed in a xylo?

Yup, it was a flag... It was 1980 in the Meadowlands, the guard did a flag exchange OVER the Drum Line (what a GREAT idea). If you heard a CLANK, you knew that something was going to fall onto you head. However, this time the flag stuck staight through the xylophone. I can't remember who the girl was that was playing the xylo, but she just kept playing and marching.

Eventually a judge came up and asked her "does this belong here?" She shook her head "NO" and then he asked "Would you like me to remove it" and shook her head "YES" and continued her show. B)

In 1981, George Parks was suppose to catch the mace in the middle of a circle of Guard members (I think it was an exchange with Daryl). The mace was off target and George had to run for it. As he ran, he tripped over a Guard member's foot and fell flat onto his back. As I stood nearby playing Contra, I watched the mace FALL into his hands as he laid on his back on the field.

It was at that point that I realized that George Parks was not of this planet! :rolleyes:

I think it was a flag...I remember the picture in Drum Corps News! (Gige, wasn't that Willie Black?)

Same thing when Jim Kyles rifle landed in my timpani in 79 (But that was at a show up in Outer Bum-#### NY somewhere where they had NO lights in the back of the field...no one saw it!)

I only remember the nex week that Rick was mad at me because I had a new timpani head and he DIDN'T!

One the DIDN't happen to Westshore was 77, I think, when the judge backed into the chime player for Rochester (and it was immortalized on the recording by a. the collision and b. picking them up!)

Hey Ben! do you remember in 1980 (had to be 80- the colorguard still wore skirts, those riding boots and shakos) the one girl's shako got caught on the end of another flag? I think it was Lisa F...I will never forget seeing her trying to spin that flag with the shako caught on her silk !

1992 DCA Prelims

Empire Statesmen

They pulled out a huge American Flag to cover the corps as part of their show. The flag came out, it proceeded to tear into several pieces and everyone underneath it was caught in a big confusing mess. People were falling and crashing, but they still finished big.

'Member that?

1992 DCA Prelims

Empire Statesmen

They pulled out a huge American Flag to cover the corps as part of their show. The flag came out, it proceeded to tear into several pieces and everyone underneath it was caught in a big confusing mess. People were falling and crashing, but they still finished big.

'Member that?

Absolutely!

I saw one of the judges's sheets right after that happened. The judge had written something like "show was going very well, until the disaster"..... :P

Fran

(looks over shoulder to see if Ponzo is lurking...)

1998, Scranton show. He missed the Call to The bulls. big time

(crawls back into corner)

Jeff, If I remember correctly, he played the Call, it was just the fact he played it in 3 different keys. Over the years, he played them in all of them and had a brain-fart

It was funny listening to the brass judges' tape that night.

Frank is still the best. :ph34r: